Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't show up on lock screen

Solved!

Spotify won't show up on lock screen

The spotify bar wont show up om my lock screen while playing music. It´s been this way since I downloaded the IOS 11 beta, but i just downloaded the official IOS 11 yesterday and it´s still not showing up. The only solution i´ve found is to restart the phone, but this is annoying and i shouldn´t have to do this every time. I´ve also tried to delete the app and download it again, but this doesn´t  work either. 

So the music is playing in the background, but it doesn´t seem like it´s "connecting" with the phone. 

58 Replies

Same problem. Won’t engage with lock screen and won’t allow Bluetooth payers (my cars cd player) to slip tracks. So frustrating!,

I have the same problem. 

I've tried everything, reset the ios, swip up, down, but it doesnt work.

Clearly it's a issue related with the new IOS.

Please would u guys can fix it up this asap??

I am having this problem as well. Cant seem to figure out a solution. Might go to apple and see what they say

Same here. I am having the same

problem. So frustrating!

SAME!!! Its driving me CRAZY!! I bet its the new iphone update, not Spotify. If you find a solution please let me know!!!

Same! Will work for a bit, then on other occasions nothing at all in the Lock screen. I've turned off Apple Music, got the latest Spotify version, turned off/on iphone many times... hope you can get this sorted - tbh I'm presuming it's an Apple initiative to try and get people using Apple Music, but don't worry Spotify I got your back....as long as you fix this 😉 

Exactly the same here. Also, instead of my Spotify playing, Apple iTunes automatically starts playing whenever I use Bluetooth...

Very frustrating. I think Apple is the problem not Spotify. 

Same problem here, apparently no fix yet.

Had issue for weeks, reset it by holding down Home, power and bottom volume button now works fine. 

Better not reappear as a problem, ruined both lock screen, control centre and car play completely fudged due to this

SAME! SO ANNOYING. I hope a patch for this issue is released soon...

Hey everyone! I ended up resetting the network settings on my iphone and this resolved the issue 🙂 

I posted this a while ago, but thought I'd share again. If you open the music app and delete it by double clicking home and swiping up then it fixes the problem for some reason. Apple will probably fix it in an upcoming update but until then that's how I've been dealing with it.

That doesn’t work on mine unfortunately.

That worked for me! Thank you!

That worked for me! Thank you!

(Sorry if this is a double post.)

Check that you don’t have any other apps open that could otherwise hijack iOS into thinking that it should be THAT app it shows music/media info for instead of Spotify.

I’ve had my phone think it is still playing audio from Instagram cause the problem and closing IG releases that control back to iOS and it grabs Spotify like normal.

True this, close other apps, close and restart Spotify makes it show up on the lock screen.

It seems to only fix it for an hour and then it’s back to the same issue. I can’t seem to get it to show up when I use my Bluetooth headphones, but it works for plug in for some reason. Anyone else having this problem?

Restart your phone. Should work out.

Suggested posts