Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync local files to iPhone 5

Solved!

Spotify won't sync local files to iPhone 5

Hi There,

Im using Spotify Premium 1.1.0.2549 on my iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1 with 1.8gb of free space.

I've had this problem on and off for a couple of years now, it seems my local files (added to a playlist) will sync to my iPhone on some wifi networks and not others. Here's a list of solutions I've already tried:

1) Tried removing and reinstalling the Spotify app

2) Tried removing and reinstalling Spotify on my Macbook

3) Tried restarting the iPhone

4) Tried restarting the Macbook

5) Tried restarting the wifi router

6) Tried connecting via both USB cable (with iTunes closed) and via Wifi

7) Tried clearing the safari cache on my iphone,  then reinstalling spotify again

I can't sync on my main two networks (home and work) so this is a big problem for me! Device not jailbroken.

The playlist is marked offline on both my macbook and my iPhone and only some of the offline tracks have synced when connected to a network I use when I travel half way across the country...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Stefan

photo.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does your iPhone appear under "Devices" in the desktop Spotify?

If not, something is preventing them from talking on the network, which is almost exclusively down to firewalls or lack of uPnP being enabled on your internet router.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Does your iPhone appear under "Devices" in the desktop Spotify?

If not, something is preventing them from talking on the network, which is almost exclusively down to firewalls or lack of uPnP being enabled on your internet router.

Peter

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for your reply, it resolved my issue! Althoug uPnP was enabled on my router settings and my firewall was turned off, I needed to factory reset the router to fix the issue. 

Your help was much appreciated!

Stefan

Hey Peter,

I am having the similar issue. I did check my firewall but still nothing. I reinstalled it on my phone and my desktop but even then the desktop application isn't able to see any of my devices.

Please advise.

Rahul

Unfortunately I don't have anymore suggestions, it is almost always down to a firewall or something in your router settings preventing the clients from talking to each other. The issue is, there are so many variables in router/firewalls its not possible to give any sort of further instructions.

Peter

I am having a similar issue however, I do not have anything on my Spotify desktop that says 'Devices'. I did use to but then there was a spotify update (two updates ago) and since then I havent had the 'devices' tab and I havent been able to sync local files?!

My iPhone 5 is showed under device but sync won't happen anyway. 

Suggested posts