Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

Solved!

Re: Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

djlifewhile
Regular

How do you jump back versions?

Vxneji

yeah my problem is i want local songs on my pc (these songs are not on spotify eg dubstep i got off youtube) to be available on my phone

djlifewhile
Regular

Its the app because on either device we have tried everything.

djlifewhile
Regular

Did you bring your computer to work? and what computer do you have?

billjd
Casual Listener

For me syncing between a Windows 10 machine and my Iphone SE was as simple as turning off the public firewall momentarily (It didn't give me an option to turn Spotify on or off.

Sync had happened by the time I got back to Spotify on the Iphone <30 secs (I was only syncing 4 recently downloaded albums.

blehblehbleh1

if anyone is confused about how to do this:

search in windows for "windows firewall"

on the left hand side you should see a list of options. click "allow an app or feature through windows firewall"

next click "change settings" and add spotify.

if it says spotify is already on the list of exceptions then scroll down the programs and look for spotify. make sure all the boxes are checked. It's most likely that the box "private" is unchecked, so go ahead and click it to allow spotify to work. after that your downloads will automatically start! ^_^

djlifewhile
Regular
I'm on Mac

busickgeorge

Worked!

billjd
Casual Listener

Not quite . . . . . On my system (Win 10)  Spotify was already ticked in private firewall list -  the public list did not individually specify Spotify (or any other programme). It was only after I turned public firewall off that it worked. Just remember to turn it back on again.

anshulvj
Music Fan

Ok. So here's the thing I did to make it work (note: this only works on Windows, and at my home wifi).

1) Set the local files on your PC Spotify to point to whereever your music is stored on your PC.

2) Start Spotify and navigate to local files (you may have to restart Spotify multiple times if you do not notice some tracks that you may have just added).

3) Add the local file track to your Spotify playlist (whichever one you created, for e.g.).

4) Open Spotify on your phone, while on the same network. And you should see a grayed out name of the song. On Windows and on my home network, this grayed out song starts downloading and I can also play it. On Linux and on other networks it just appears grayed out and doesnt play or download.

SUGGESTED POSTS