Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

Solved!

Re: Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

Galok

Does the computer you are syncing from have to be the one you registered premium on?

BeireBeton

Thanks, the feature with the personal hotspot worked 100%

thanks for the tip!

attack0122

I changed a new device recently. However, I can not sync local file, either.

I did exact the same as you suggested. However, it did not work at all.

madattak
Casual Listener

You can try also disabling the fire wall at the same time, just remember to turn it back on again as soon as your finished. If that doesnt work I'm afraid I can't help. 

tznunu

I recently encountered a similar problem: there were about 50 local files that I synced with my phone back in January, but for some reason they became greyed out all of a sudden last week. I tried re-syncing today but only about 20 of the 50 went through. I know it wasn't a firewall problem because my Spotify desktop recognized my phone as a connected device (and also because of the 20 songs that were able to re-sync successfully).

I spent the next 2 hours trying to find out why the rest of my local files weren't re-syncing. I tried switching the folders of my local files on my computer, editing the metadata of the songs, creating new playlists, reinstalling Spotify... still did not work.

But then I finally figured it out! Long story short, here's what I did:

1.) Open Spotify on computer desktop and mobile phone. Make sure that the phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the computer and that the phone is recognized as a device on Spotify desktop.

2.) On Spotify desktop, create a new playlist named "Local" and add all local files into it (by dragging and dropping).

3.) On the phone, go to the Playlists tab and check that the newly created "Local" playlist shows up.

4.) Here's the thing that got me: Make sure that your local files are not in any other Downloaded/Offline playlist on your phone!!! I noticed that my 30 local files that failed to re-sync were part of another playlist I had created back in January. This playlist, which contained both local and streaming files, was set to Downloaded on my phone; as a result, all songs -- even the greyed-out local ones that couldn't be played -- had the little green arrow/circle next to them. I'm thinking this caused the program to fail to recognize that the local files in that playlist needed re-syncing.

5.) Remove those old playlists off of Downloaded/Offline and make sure the green arrow/circle no longer shows up next to each song.

6.) Restart Spotify on the phone. Go to the newly created "Local" playlist and set it to Downloaded/Offline.

7.) All local files should start syncing now! Once finished, other playlists can be set to Downloaded/Offline again.

I hope my experience will be helpful in some way!

GehanR94

Exactly Correct! If you use an antivirus that runs your firewalls for you, like Avast for example, just turn off all your shields for a few min and you should be able to sync files with no problem. 

bleuuuuuuuuuuuu

you the best. 

didnt knew about window firewall blocking connections. 

thanks mate.

BitWarrior11

I tried this method and it did not work

If you want to know my device info:

• Windows 8.1 Laptop
  • 2012 iOS 6.1.6 iPod Touch (4g)

Minsch

Even when I download a playlist, the files on my Mac won't transfer over as local. The gray dowload icon turns up in the desktop app so I think there's been an update that got rid of functionality for downloading local files?

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 3.05.49 PM.png

Skapes

You are f#$@ing life saver. Thank you.

SUGGESTED POSTS