Re: Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Theothistle
Roadie
Looking at Spotify on iPad, not seeing where to delete cache
Solution!

Wmrobertdavis
Casual Listener

After further investigation, I determined that Spotify IS downloading songs offline.  I just did not understand how to read the icons. 

@Wmrobertdavis wrote:
I've been testing Apple Music and Spotify across my apple environment (iphone 6, ipad, mac). It seems there are too many little niggling problems with Spotify, whereas Apple Music "just works". Apple has a much more attractive family plan, so I will give my money to Apple.

wendyykw
The offline song won't download although I have more than 1G in phone. And even log off and in wont help. Been like this for 4 weeks.

edwardpakpahan
Casual Listener

YO!

You need to turn off your firewall then it will start to sync! Turn it back on again if you're finish.

You're welcome.

iCloche
Casual Listener
Who is this? A time traveller?

Badfish3288
Casual Listener
I recently did a factory reset on my phone, and started having this "lack of memory" issue. Before the reset, my entire playlist (2456 songs) downloaded with no problem. Now when i try to download it again it gets to about 200 songs and stops, giving me the lack of memory message. Its the only playlist i had downloaded as well. I feel like it has something to do with the 3,333 limit, like its thinking the previous download of the playlist is still there.

Would clearing my cache inside the app fix this?

Thanks

Badfish3288
Casual Listener

Actually it gets to 30% and then gives me the message. 30% of 2456 is 800 songs. 2456 + 800 = 3256....im almost entirely positive it has to do with the 3,333 song limit because thats pretty darn close.  Edit: tried deleting cache via my phones app settings and through the app itself. Neither one worked. I unmounted my sd to see if that works (less than 1gb free ony card but 5gb free on my phone).

Also, the app tells me its at 16% complete as soon as i start downloading. But my notifications track the progress correctly.

Wtf is wrong with this app lol

rebekah_zeigler

Try turning off your Wi-Fi on whatever device you are using. Worked for me!

SUGGESTED POSTS