Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

Ik vertrek volgende week naar Nieuw Zeeland en wil daar mijn Spotify blijven gebruiken. Vorig jaar op vakantie naar Kos wilde mijn afspeellijst niet afspelen in offline modus. Toen heb ik ergens WiFi gezocht en alles opnieuw gedownload. Ook toen kon ik niks afspelen dus heb de hele vakantie niks aan mijn Spotify gehad. Ik wil niet hetzelfde probleem hebben in NZ als ik straks weer een Spotify kaart koop van 30 euro. Wat kan ik het beste doen om dit te voorkomen? In NZ heb ik niet overal internet om muziek opnieuw te downloaden.

Groetjes Amy

I have plenty of free space on my ipod

Finally, something that really works, thanks a lot!

OK, I have readed all the comments on this topic (yeah, 27 pages of comments...), all the possible solutions suggested, I have tried them all with no luck:

Premium user
sotorage with plenty of space, 7 GB
the offline option is set
I can see on my desktop app both devices, PC and phone using the same wifi
no firewall issues
reinstalled the app, create different playlists and add the songs between them

My songs from the app are sync, works properly on the offline option however Im still unable to sync and listen my songs from my Local file. Looks like they are trying to being offline but for some reason they never make it, the message Downloading... stays forever.

I was able to play the songs from the PC on the IPhone but those never work, and all the time pops up a dumb message with the same instrucctions that nevr works even if you follow them.

The worst part is that since 2014 there are complains and no one on spotify do something to hear our complains..... They want us on APPLE MUSIC I think.

unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Hey I have subscribed for premium but it won't let me use any of the features please help!

I am having the same exact problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!! I NEED TO GET THESE TO DOWNLOAD!!!!!

Everybody seems to have the same problem but there is no solution and no one to help us

Hey guys. 

I have the the premium account on iPad..Trying to re sync the devises on premium...can't find it how to do that... I have 1.5 GB left in my memory...Can't sync offline...tired everything...Read the messages...did that and it's not working... 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Ret 

i use my phone and computer on offline mode and don't working and all song is donwload

Check your settings to ensure offline is checked.Ensure you have Spotify Premium.

Peter c'mon that doesn't answer this annoying question of how do songs become unplayable offline when they were playable offline earlier that day?
It's like Spotify keeps re-syncing or re-downloading for no reason. OK so there is enough space, everything is working just fine. The complaint is with the Spotify App Peter and how it was programmed to operate. This is not a problem of user error. There is no reason if I'm paying my premium that Spotify can just randomly tell me all of my songs are unavailable for no reason that I am responsible for. Are they playable offline or not??? This is an annoying core feature of Spotify. Can you at least tell me why this is not clearly explained when you are encouraging the user to purchase premium in the beginning?
Example: I turn my phone on and fire up Spotify and songs are unplayable when they were just 4 hours ago. I turn on the internet, songs start becoming available randomly. Internet goes out, no more songs are available, only the ones that downloaded while internet was available are playable. I have plenty space, all the songs were playable 4 hours earlier and still would be now if I could connect to the internet. So how is this possible? It seems clear to me that premium user or not, you are tethered to the internet if you wanna use Spotify?

Right on

Hi I have a couple playlists on my phone and some songs play and some songs don't when offline. Its the same songs that don't play when offline. But says they are all downloaded and ready to go. My phone has 2GB of free space.

Check to see whether the songs are "downloaded" or "saved".

It says the playlist is downloaded

Hello there!

Hopefully you can help. For some reason I can not get the local music files on my computer to sync to offline mode so that they can be played on my phone etc. I have switched both the playlists that contain the mp3 files to "download for offline mode." Both my phone and computer are connected to the same internet and I have made sure that the folder that contains the mp3 file is selected in the local files tab in Spotify, any help would be greatly appriciated!

Al

U may have to have your PC on wifi mode to sync your music...

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

I do

No I've tried it myself I've tried it many different ways it doesn't seem to work and no one can help me get this problem resolved so I believe it's a problem with Spotify or maybe they just don't want us to get the music offline sorry I can't be more help

Why can't I listen to my music I downloaded it before an now it's saying its not so I can't listen to it offline or choose songs to play or download anything I do t understand why it worked for like a week an now it won't work at All I can look at my list an other songs but they are faded grey an won't play. On offline or online mode. Please help me I love my pkaylist

Suggested posts