Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

I cant seem to sync my songs even by turning the switch to available offline. Yes, I am conneced to wifi as im trying to sync. I have all the grey circled arrows beside the songs but nothing happens when i try to click the arrow?? I dont know if im doing it wrong or if its just not working properly.. 

Hi, i have the same problem and i wanted to give your solution a go. Can i just ask the cicled arrow, does it have to be green or grey?

I tried both, and am utterly confused.

thanks

Hi, this happens even to my own playlist i've created. Do you know why it happens?

thanks

thank you soo much , you gave me the best help to sort it out, thank you

This means you dont have enough memory on your phone. I have an iPhone 4S and ran into this problem. I deleted all my music, then opened spotify and it began to download immediatley. Also spotify should make a notification that warns about this problem

Have/had the exact same problem you do. What I did was go into storage sense and selected store new apps to se card. Then I deleted spotify, re downloaded it, and the offline mode seems to work fine. Haven't extensive tested it tho. Hope that helps.

I have an iPhone 5s with 7G available space- I have used Spotify before on my 5c and am pretty familar with how everything works- I can't get it to download the playlists so they play on the offline mode. I have tried the suggestions, including logging out, changing the download quality, restarting my phone, connecting to wifi, choosing the green arrow on the playlist page, etc... nothing is working!

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Hey! So I did what you said and it worked at first. but when i actually clicked on the playlist it was offline again. Any ideas?

hi. tried deleting Spotify and then resynching with the playlists I want. you're right with the lack of space. thanks 🙂 think spotify needs to improve their interface and user friendliness. I had to wiki with some photos before I saw your reply. so you can't have all your music then as spotify advertises.

I have my own music on my computer and my iphone, It still has the gray arrow on the playlist and wont play that song.

Am I doing something wrong?

i have an android phone. when you are downloading a playlist for offline mode does the space have to be on the phone its self or can it be on an sd card? i have like 8 playlists and only 3 downloaded it says that its downloading when i open the app but then stops and doesnt give me an reason why

Im having a problem but its different. You see im trying to add songs from dropbox in and i added it on my computer and then went to my ipad and all it says is to "mark the playlist containg this song for offline sync on your computer or on this ipad" yea i have no idea how to do that please help.

I logged on and decided to reply to this because I tried everything for so long.
Turns out DISABLING FIREWALL was the solution.

hi,

I use a Mac, so does this apply? sorry not a techy person right here.

thanks!

Phone doesnt show up as device but i get a notification on phone that says its being played on my computer? So is it recognised or not

I have 29GB of free space. This is not the solution for me.

I am SO TIRED OF PLAYLISTS NOT SYNCING OFFLINE ON MY PHONE. I have 29GB of free space, I've deleted and resintalled the app a number of times, this works for about a week or two, then playlists stop syncing again. I'm tired of paying $10 a month just to have to pay more to AT&T for extra streaming costs because my playlists won't sync. 

PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS SPOTIFY. You have a great product in general but little issues like this are going to drive us away very quickly. 

Using Spotify version: 3.1.0.2150

I'm having trouble syncing/saving playlists/songs to my phone. 

I do have wifi and it has been reset

I have plenty of memory (30g's)

My Iphone is a 6plus completely up to daye, and the spotify app is up to date too

I have not received any error messages

I have restarted my phone and the application multiple times.

It won't even start downloading the songs like it used to

I have a premium account.

Any ideas on what to do, please let me know.

How do you do this excatly?  Ive been trying to get Offline to work on my phone for a few weeks now, this seems like it might be the fix but I have 0 Clue how to change it.  I searched other forums but its just about clearing space.

If you know the settings to go to that would be greatly appreciated.

Good night,

I'm having the same problems than everybody. Iphone 5S with 25Gb free, local music that don't sync.

I think the spotify app for our computers doesn't recognize our telephones and don't sync our playlists.

Suggested posts