Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

But how do you know when they are done

I hope that spotify solve this problem of sync of local files, or I'll be forced to not renew the premium account and switch to apple music later this month

Thanks, I've been trying to figure this out and your explanation has got it working 🙂

I can't see a solution here for my problem. I have local files on a PC (Windows) laptop stored in playlists.

I've connected the laptop and my iPhone 6 to the same wifi and have made the playlists available offline on both laptop and iPhone. I've disabled the Windows 7 firewall and my iPhone has tonnes of spare memory. Both iOS and desktop versions of Spotify are up to date.

The playlists aren't syncing however.

Does anyone have a solution?

Hello, I got a problem like this. Ik imported about 500 songs from my computer into spotify. Everything ok, and they all play on my spotify desktop. I made a playlisth for them, and also made them available offline. They synced to my iphone spotify app. However, they not playing all of them via the iphone app. Seems like the songs where the artist name is coloured grey on my desktop are not playing with my phone. I got this message: song not synced. Connect with same wifi and made them available offline. offcourse I'm on the same wifi and the playlist is also offiline available. Somebody can help me around?

I read a solution that deleting other (offline) devices helps, however, I have only two devices active, the computer and my iphone...

Thank you! It has been really anoying not to understand how to start the syncing on Iphone. It's almost embarrassing how happy you got me now 🙂

@tbaerfos wrote:

Wifi - but I figured it out - although not clear in the instructions -

From the Playlist screen, click Edit then click the circled arrow on the right of the playlist you want to download.  Then they started syncing.  Thanks for the follow up though.

Have same problem too, songs listed on iphone in My Songs (I really don't want to bother creating playlists, I just want to play my music), Available Offline is set and I have tried Offline Mode in both states in Settings... Playback.  Nothing was downloading, so I uninstalled and reinstalled S**tify and now even those few random songs that were download are not... great!  It works on my Kindle, so I haven't hit the 3,333 song download limit.  Come on Spotify, sort this out!  One week and I cancel my Premium subscription...

I tried the same solution with no success. Most of my songs are no longer available offline. Please help

I need help!!! I have still hv 24GB but I can't sync my music!! 😭 I've tried to restart the app many times but it just doesnt work!!!!

I know... this is **bleep**ing bull**bleep**.

I've been testing Apple Music and Spotify across my apple environment (iphone 6, ipad, mac). It seems there are too many little niggling problems with Spotify, whereas Apple Music "just works". Apple has a much more attractive family plan, so I will give my money to Apple.
Marked as solution

I spent hours and hours figuring this out and reading other answers. Disabling the firewall also did it for me.

I have tried everything to get my music to sync but nothing works. I have enough space. I deleted some music just in case. I had logged off and on numerous times and I am connected to wifi. Nothing I do seems to allow me to sync the music. I do not use playlists because I find them to be a waste of time to set up. I use my phone to select music and then download it to my phone for offline play. It is important I get this to work as I use T-mobile and the service is iffy on my commute to work and especailly when I go for long drives.

Please help!

it's been 2 years and there is still no official response on why this feature still doesnt work

This works great.  But you must be connected to the internet.  Like on your home's Wi-Fi.  Won't work if you are just driving in your car, for example.

You must be connected to Wifi in order for it to work. Atleast thats what did it for me....

It won't let me put my songs offline but I've loads of free storage

Still having this issue?

Head into settings and delete your cache, basically everything but the app!

Log back in and start downloading

Same here!

Suggested posts