Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Squished Spotify Logo

Squished Spotify Logo

Does anyone else get a squished spotify logo when you hop in the car, turn on a navigation app (Maps or Google Maps) and then turn on Spotify? This always happens, and it's not a big deal but just seens odd.

IMG_9491.PNG

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2

6 Replies

Hey all,

We've received some reports that the Spotify logo renders wrong on iOS when the top bar is visible. We'd like to investigate further so if you could us send us over the following, that'd be great!

• iOS device
  • iOS version
  • Spotify version
  • Which third party app you have running in the background

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Me again, just to add to this:

iPhone 8 - 12.1.2

Spotify Version: 8.4.90.684

Apps:

For both Google Maps and Apple Maps, I turn on the navigation to my destination in my car (wifi is off, using LTE), and then turn on Spotify (cold start, not running in the background), and would get the squished logo because the top blue bar. It would say "Google Maps is Actively Using Your Location" or "Touch to return to Navigation" if using Apple Maps.  The Spotify logo is squished for a second. It's short but annoying nonetheless. I can replicate this at my desk at home.

Hey there @cowboybuddha,

Thanks for letting us know these details 🙂

There's a newer version of the app available currently. Just to confirm, could you try updating the Spotify app to the latest version available and let us know if this persists? 

We'd also suggest making sure that your device is up to speed with any firmware updates as well.

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure to add your +VOTE and let us know, along with the version of the app you end up. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I updated the app and tested it again. 

1. Closed Spotify in the background 

2. Google Maps with location mapped/Navigation 

3. Started Spotify 

still squishy for a quick moment then normalizes. 

46554ED8-8D75-4D33-814F-DE9C0EF5E146.png

3D43E312-2022-49ED-B66C-BDB765D40521.png

Hey @cowboybuddha, thanks for the info. 

One more thing. If you don't mind, can you also reinstall Google Maps and Apple Maps? We'll make sure to have a closer look if it's still not working. 

Thanks!

Hey there,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we'll be moving this thread back to the Help Boards.

However, if the issue persists after the steps @Jemi suggested, don't hesitate to let us know and we'll be happy to take another look.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts