Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Star vs Save and other general frustrations

Star vs Save and other general frustrations

As many other posters have already mentioned -- the latest update is a train wreck.

The app was horribly slow playing anything which was typically done from my star tracks of which I had over 800.

It seemed to me with the new update the push was to get people to stop using Star and use the save option that puts the tracks in "Your music." Seeing that, I thought they might have introduced issues for people who had large number of tracked they star.

Welp. I went ahead with the mac desktop version and selected all my star tracks and dragged them to 'Songs' thinking this was the way Spotify wants you to operate now. The tracks were then in "Your music" under "songs" which is what i would expect.

I then select all my tracks under Starred and delete them, cause why would I need that now?

Bad idea. All of my tracks are now gone that I spent years collecting. Gone from both Starred and from "Your music"

What the actual **bleep**, guys? Why would those two things be related? I wouldnt expect that, for example, if I made a playlist and deleted tracks out of a playlist, that it would dissapear from my Starred tracks, or vice versa. So why in the world would you make the functionality like this? THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. Oh, and, my Starred list still says I have 23 songs in it, when its empty. Working awesome.

Warnings to those out there -- If you are trying out the "NEW AWESOME" way to save tracks, do not delete them from starred thinking you are doing clean up. Nope, they just will live in duplicate locations.

Im not going to give up yet, but im pretty close.

1 Reply

I have the same problems - also sometimes there are no album pictures while playing the song. The new release is totally bad. All changed but not in a better way

Suggested posts