Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred/Favorites playlist has been deleted from iPhone

Starred/Favorites playlist has been deleted from iPhone

Hey everyone !

I have a quite bizarre thing hapening to me...

Spotify has a playlist called "Selection" in French, I think it's called Starred or Favorites in English, it's the first playlist on top of all the others with the little star icon (I'm using version 0.9 of Spotify).

On my Desktop Spotify program, this playlist shows correctly, I can put and remove songs from it, but a few days ago it has disappeared from my iPhone Spotify app !

All my other playlists are fine, it's just this one that has disappeared from my phone.

And the even weirder thing is, if I play this playlist on my computer, then open my iPhone Spotify app, it plays the playlist correctly on the iPhone and I can even see ithis playlist by clicking on top of the screen to reduce the currently-playing song and see the playlist...
It's strange, right ?

How can a playlist show on the Desktop app but not on the iPhone app ?

Of course I could always manually create a playlist and put all of my "Selection" tracks in it, then it would show on my iPhone like any other regular playlists, but that would create the two same playlists on my Desktop app ... so, any idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks !

10 Replies

Hey @Grazzt

Hmmm.. that's wierd.

Have you tried logging out of the app, and then back in? This won't delete anything.

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the app on your iPhone. I know it's a pain, but a reinstall can usually solve most problems. 

Hopefully either a log out or reinstall will fix this problem for you. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll try to help further.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My "Starred" list deleted from all devices. Mac, iPhone and iPad. I don't understand it.

@MattSuda wrote:

Hey @Grazzt

Hopefully either a log out or reinstall will fix this problem for you. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll try to help further.

Hey Matt !

Well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't help unfortunately, but seeing Oviii's post, I think I may have figured out what happened :

As you probably remember, I'm still using version 0.9 of Spotify (and as you also probably remember I won't upgrade to version 1.0 ^^), and when Spotify made a small change to the way the Starred playlist works, I then had two "Starred" playlists appearing on my 0.9 Desktop Spotify program : one was the "real" Starred Playlist on top of all the others with the star icon, but there was also another Starred playlist which had appeared, also called "Starred" but looking like a regular playlist (without the star icon, and movable) containing the same songs as in my Starred playlist.

I didn't know why this new regular playlist had appeared, so I deleted it from my Desktop Spotify program, the real Starred playlist still was here (and still is on my Desktop Spotify), but it seems that by doing this it deleted the only Starred playlist I had on my iPhone !

I know it seems a bit complicated, but if you know how to get back my Starred playlist on the iPhone that would be really great !

Thanks  🙂

Now it's a regular playlist, maybe you can recover it using the Playlist recover tool: https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Well, I used the recovery tool like you said, but what I did get back was my extra regular playlist called "Starred", which now shows as a double playlist from my "real" Starred playlist (on top, with the star icon) on my Desktop Spotify, and only shows up as a regular playlist that just happens to be called "Starred" on my iPhone...

The weird thing is that it deleted the "real" Starred playlist on my iPhone, and that's the one I'd like to get back !

Otherwise I'll have one regular playlist called "Starred" on my iPhone, and two playlists called "Starred" (with the same songs in them) on my Desktop : one with the star icon and the other just a regular playlist.

Hi @Grazzt, do the duplicate Starred playlists have the same songs in them? Please keep in mind that Starred should now be a regular playlist, which is why you may not be seeing it on your iPhone.

Can you delete the Starred playlist on desktop which has a star icon on it?

Hey Swanny, thanks for the answer !

No, I cannot delete the Starred playlist on Desktop ... maybe all of this is because I'm using version 0.9 of Spotify on my desktop, and the newer version on my iPhone ?

Yes, that would be the reason. I'd suggest giving v1.0 a try now on desktop, it's quite fast and usable now compared to the very first revision of v1.0.

Well, seeing the posts about 1.0, it seems they still haven't fixed most of the issues that made me call this version a "beta"  😞

I think I'll just empty my "Starred" playlist on my Desktop then, and create another regular playlist (that I could call "Besties" or "iPhone" or whatever  ^^) that I would use as my previous Starred !

Thanks for the answers everyone !

Suggested posts