Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred files vastly different between desktop and phone

Starred files vastly different between desktop and phone

Hi all,

I've searched and could not find this exact problem so if this has been asked before, please forgive me. I am a premium member and am having problems where my Desktop client (Mac OSX 10.8.3, Spotify Version 0.9.0.128.g3134f863) has 23 tracks showing, however the number beside "Available Offline" is 87. When I try accessing my starred tracks from my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.3, Spotify Version 0.6.4.2) it shows 432 tracks and none of them are the 23 tracks which I have starred. I have tried rebooting, logging out/in and closing the app completely, all without luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

9 Replies

Any luck? I see that one other user has the same issue. Is there a support number/email that I can contact regarding this issue or are the forums my only option?

Hey 🙂 

Are you sure you are logging in on the same account on both your desktop and your phone, that seems like quite a big difference in tracks! Also, with the numbers not being correct on the desktop, try going to the Preferences menu (Spotify > Preferences) and unticking the "Hide Unplayable Tracks" option. 

You can also open a support ticket with the Spotify team directly from this form

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the response. Unticking the "Hide Unplayable Tracks" option did the trick for the wrong number. Now I correctly have 0 tracks on my Desktop starred list, my iPhone starred list still shows 432 songs. I am certain I am using the same account as I only have one.

Thank you for the support ticket form, I will contact Spotify directly to see if they have any idea.

same thing happening here. 2920 songs starred on desktop and 2870 on iphone.

most annoying part is unstarring songs while working and then comming back home and have to listen same songs i already unstarred.

It sounds like your account is not going into sync when you unstar something, can you try running a search for an artist (or anything) from your iPhone just so it forces a connection to the Spotify servers and see if it will then update? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

it doesn't help. This started happening like two weeks ago. I should add that I usually run spotify from home and work desktops, appart from my ipad and iphone. 

And i'm using offline sync only on ipad and iphone. 

unstar song from work desktop won't update iphone

unstar song from iphone won't update desktop

I recently starred tons of songs (around 1,000) in home desktop, and they got pushed into all devices.

another thing that could be important to mention is that I have almost 3,000 starred songs, and not all of them can fit into my iphone drive. Maybe there's a bug around there...

maybe the bug is that it only syncs stars once all the songs have been downloaded...that would make sense in my case.

i just reduced the number of items on my starred list so it could all fit offline in my iphone, and guess what:

now all devices started to sync unsatarred items. if you send me a githut or bitbucket invite, i'll fix it for you spotify, please dont take an eternity to fix!!!

🙂

Suggested posts