Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist not updating

Starred playlist not updating

I have starred Depeche Mode - Heaven on my desktop and it won't show up on my mobile devices.

This happened with other tracks too that I somehow recovered by unstarring and starring them again but this one has remained.

I've tried logging out and in again to no avail.

11 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Was just having a play around, searched your community username but it would appear that your starred playlist (if that is your spotify username) is private so I can't view it. 

Do you have Depeche mode as local files on your desktop or anything like that?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey! Yeah ive disabled default sharing.

And no i dont have any local files, this must be a bug!

I have asked a member of the community team to look into this for you!

Peter

Peter

Hey georgiosd, welcome to the Community.

I've had a look at your starred tracks, and there doesn't appear to be anything weird there. It contains a few local files, but this Depeche Mode track isn't one of them.

If you do it the reverse way, starring it from your mobile app, does that carry over to your desktop?

And two more questions!

1. What version of the iOS app are you running?

2. When did you last reinstall it?

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hm... Its weird. On my ipad where ihave enabled showing unplayable tracks, it shows up but i cant play it!!
Which doesnt make much sense because afaik, there s no difference between spotify mobile and desktop, especially for premium users like myself.

Ideas?

I am having this same problem.  I have tried uninstalling the app both from my Mac and my iPod touch (4th gen) to no avail.

The starred playlist is the feature I use most and a large part of the reason I pay for Spotify premium.  Someone NEEDS to fix this one.  Please help!

@brooksjah wrote:

I am having this same problem.  I have tried uninstalling the app both from my Mac and my iPod touch (4th gen) to no avail.

The starred playlist is the feature I use most and a large part of the reason I pay for Spotify premium.  Someone NEEDS to fix this one.  Please help!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you made any large changes to your starred playlists recently? If you star a track on your mobile device does it show on the desktop? 

Peter

Peter

Hi I have paid premium also. Starred tracks not appearing across multiple devices...liked from radios are working fine- same concept so a bit weird!?! Tried it both ways from Sony xperia z vs nexus 7 and not picking up starred tracks. Is there a fix for this?

Do the starred tracks update in the desktop/web players?

Peter

i did try that and they are not appearing on that medium either. again the other playlists and liked from radios are there fine.

any ideas?

Can you try logging out of Spotify on your devices, then navigating to the web player and starring a single track (any track will do). Then log back in on your other devices and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Suggested posts