Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Previously, when you started a Radio playlist from a song, the song you were playing would continue from the play time you were at. It now restarts the song, which feels wrong (though may be intentional?). 

3 Replies

Hey @olly247.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We recently made some changes to how Radio works, so that what used to be infinite, self-generating stations are now finite playlists based on a song, album or artist.

Just to confirm, have you noticed this change in behaviour since the new Radio was rolled out?

In any case, could you provide us with the exact steps to reproduce this, including some screenshots if possible?

Thanks - we'll be looking out for your reply 😉

Hey Peter,

thanks for your reply. It is a recent change in UX behaviour so probably was with the rollout of the new Radio.

I’ve attached screenshots of what happens when I start a station and tap the first song (which is always the song used to create the station). Before it would start playing the first song but from the playback position that you were at (it bascailly sounded continuous and seamless).

I also noticed that it played the same song twice when it automatically created a station for me after the end of a single.

Hope this helps a bit.

A3106248-34D4-4E07-A228-A8CE22F75B45.png
5FE6C123-4530-4F43-BE7D-8D00A0365194.png
3C1F4761-D91F-4951-A443-EA85E6D87B06.png

Hey @olly247.

Thanks for getting back to us.

This seems to be expected behaviour with the roll-out of the new Radio experience.

If you'd like to bring it back, we suggest you create a new idea in the Community here and encourage other people to vote for it. If the idea gets enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future!

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts