Stop working in my Car via USB

Solved!

Stop working in my Car via USB

gibafortes
Casual Listener

yesterday, i updated my iphone 5s to iOS 8.4 and now when i plug it into my honda USB, it shows "No Song".

Until yesterday, it always started in native iphone music, but then i switch it to spotify and never had switched any option on my iphone configuuration. and it was perfect. but now i cant use it in the place i like it most.

Can anyone help me with this thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Stop working in my Car via USB

felzam
Casual Listener

So I finally have a solution for this:

I uploaded just one song from iTunes to the iPhone out of my local collection and it's back to normal again. I tried this on both of the devices that weren't working and it got them running properly. Neither of the iPhones had any music synced to them previously (only offline music from Spotify Premium).

I suspect it's a bug where the iPhone checks for any synced music and if it doesn't find any it just reports No Data, thus blocking other music apps from sending their own info.

By the way, I upgraded one of the iPhones to iOS 9.0 to see if that solved it but the bug's still there. I found this solution later.

19 Replies

felzam
Casual Listener

Same here, 2015 Honda showing "No Data". I believe it's a problem with iOS 8.4. I've tested with 3 different iPhones all running the same version of Spotify (3.7.0.1100) and only one works. The iPhones running iOS 8.4 and 8.4.1 don't work over USB (you can get sound but no info is displayed and you can't control from the stereo unit). They both used to work fine before the updates. The third iPod is running iOS 7.1.2 and works properly.

I've tried a full reset, disabling Apple Music and handoff and unpairing Bluetooth but nothing makes a difference. While I believe this is on Apple hopefully Spotify has something to say about it.

Mikey44
Music Fan

I had the same problem on my 2013 Citroen C4 when updated to IOS 8.4.1 and it lasted over a week with no steering wheel controls and weird behaviors. I tryed restarting the iPhone, then the car stereo, then went to Spotify, push play and the miracle happened. Back to normal.... hope it helps.

Anyway, Apple should stick to a standard when it has electronic manufacturers integrating such technology to their cars.

Solution!

felzam
Casual Listener

So I finally have a solution for this:

I uploaded just one song from iTunes to the iPhone out of my local collection and it's back to normal again. I tried this on both of the devices that weren't working and it got them running properly. Neither of the iPhones had any music synced to them previously (only offline music from Spotify Premium).

I suspect it's a bug where the iPhone checks for any synced music and if it doesn't find any it just reports No Data, thus blocking other music apps from sending their own info.

By the way, I upgraded one of the iPhones to iOS 9.0 to see if that solved it but the bug's still there. I found this solution later.

Matthewhorwitz
This works. I downloaded a song from my itunes, played it, and then went to spotify. It magically unlocked my spotify, youtube, etc...This is also the second time this has happened due to an apple update.

bronteeileen
Casual Listener
This method worked for me also

thew_ham
Regular

Hi.  I take it you've had this problem occur recently on iOS 9.x? I'm currently seeing it on both iPhone and iPad and the download song workaround in iOS music hasn't worked for me. Just wondering which version of iOS and Spotify you're on?

I'm going to try the iOS 10 beta tonight on my iPad to see if it's resolved. I suspect it won't be. :(

bronteeileen
Casual Listener
Hi, yes I'm on 9.3.5 and I downloaded a song to iTunes, unplugged the phone, plugged it back in - it defaults to playing the song on iTunes but switches to Spotify once I hit play.

I think maybe it happened for me because I deleted that darn U2 album from iTunes finally, so there was nothing for iTunes to sync to.

Hope you get it sorted out soon!

81shovelheadhar
Same here. Just the other day i went through my iPhone and deleted those free songs from U2 and when I plugged up to listen to pandora it display "no song " so I went back to iTunes and redownled iTunes and the U2 songs came back to my phone and now my accord recognized it and now plays. If you took the songs off that apple puts on your phone or you got out of iTunes get them back and your phone and car will play fair again

Balrog

Turning ignition off w/o powering radio down on my phone the phone switches to it's own speaker and keeps playing.

Fun if you are using a cheap phone in the car as a permanent interface. 

The other thing this screws up is if you are using a SD card for music storage and the phone music directory is empty. This empty directory causes NO DATA and Not Compatible errors. Placing a music file or two in the phone Music directory clears the problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS