Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Re: Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Abc

You must be joking! Vote for listening to music from Apple Watch? I understand that Apple was the culprit before by blocking third party apps from streaming to Apple Watch, something that they surely would have received heavy penalties and potential sales prohibitions for eventually, so I don't think they opened it up due to being such a fantastic company. Now that Apple is opening up their API, I am surprised to see Spotify making a total fool of themselves with this reply. If you don't implement this extremely soon you will surely start your march out of business. Get real Spotify, I didn't expect this and will with 100% certainty not stay around after purchasing my Apple Watch after summer. I will obviously not vote for the feature. Nor will I vote for keeping the pause button.

smcbrown

I am seriously considering moving my household to apple music just so I can stream from my watch. I don't want to do it, but if this isn't worked out pretty quickly it is likely.

Jnsmartt2009
Casual Listener

My family plan will be going to Apple Music within the next week, after >8 years of being with Spotify. All because of being too lazy to respond to customers or allow me to stream from my watch... how unfortunate....

NickFromTtown

Almost a year of votes and still nothing? Had you guys for over 8 yrs and will be canceling soon since I can stream from my watch...bye!

alancataide

Same thing. I've been loyal to Spotify since 2015 but I'm seriously considering Apple Music just because of this feature.

Tobeuss
Visitor

Get off your asses and give us streaming via the Apple Watch. Stop doing anything else and deliver this, first. Don't make me vote for the idea, understand your user base and give them what they need.

melihileri
Visitor

This is absolutely preposterous. What audacity! Spotify - if you don’t care about your Apple Watch user subscribers for low numbers or something, just make a statement that this feature will not be supported so people can move on without the grudge. You’re like a terrible girlfriend who hates you but won’t break up with you just to see you suffer. Get a grip!

Highlighted

mk2008
Visitor

I have been a premium paying member since december 2008. I have never during these years been disapointed of your service and product until now. 

Due to the lack of offline support and streaming functionality for Apple Watch and complete lack of care for your customers regarding this functionality I'm now downgrading to a free subscription and get a premium account with Apple instead.  Thank you and goodbye! 

Fixter

If Spotify is not streaming by the time Iwatch 5 comes out I will be switching to Apple.

I dont want to but got no choice.

domoconnell

I'm just looking to buy my first Apple Watch, I've been a Spotify user since it was invite only - I absolutely love it.
I'm just browsing around to see what my new Apple Watch will be able to do, and to be honest I'm in stunned shock to even be reading this thread. How a standalone (potentially cellular enabled) 32gb smart watch in 2019 does not have support from arguably the biggest streaming platform is abhorrent, I'm struggling to even comprehend it.
I think we could all share in understanding and patience for Spotify to be late to the party, or to not quite get it right first time, or even if the devs at Spotify can't figure out how the Apple APIs work, these would all be reasonably valid excuses for a prolonged release. What seems to be the kicker (it certainly is for me) is the total apathy with which Spotify are broaching this feature. The response from the Spotify employee to "vote for it" seems lazy, unapologetic, and patronising.
Spotify certainly used to represent a current and trend setting company, one where I imagine such a comment might have been made: "Quick guys, Apple have opened up the watch platform, lets get our stuff on there ASAP, tell the faithful customers we're working on it, and we'll have a beta ready to go as soon as possible - we can't miss the boat on this!"
Perhaps the lack of such attitude points to a dying brand? The saying goes that all good things must come to an end. If the focus is not getting a player on every conceivable device - what is the focus? Or is it a brand wars thing? Since we can listen to Spotify on a Samsung fridge now, but not an Apple Watch, is there a weird power play afoot? If so, it's unlikely to be one that Spotify can win, with their type of product, it can't really swing customers very far. The reality is if someone's brand new $500 watch plays music from one streaming service and not another, the device is the immutable variable, not the streaming service.

I'd love to stick with Spotify, but when the package arrives, I'm going to want to listen to music without my phone around, if Spotify can't do that but Apple Music can, then Spotify have made that decision for me.

Guess we'll find out in 6 days' time.

SUGGESTED POSTS