Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Re: Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

dnicolaou

Couldn't agree more.  Cancelling my subscription and moving to Apple.  It makes me wonder...could there be a deal afoot for Spotify to be acquired by Apple?  It seems too big to be true, but the only alternative is that Spotify is staggeringly incompetent - that they haven't a clue about what users need if they're to see value in the service, that they've completely misread the market and the business imperatives for *years*, and that they can't get their act together.  For God's sake, a guy cobbled together a Spotify API based streaming app for the watch (Apollo, anyone?) in about two weeks...and it took Spotify and Apple about two *hours* to kill it.  How hard can it be for a tech company to develop this?  WTH could the barriers possibly be?  Yup, there's only one alternative...these guys are clowns, and they're gonna go the way of Palm, Nokia, and all the others who just didn't bother to keep pace.  And I'll be streaming their funeral dirge from my watch...on Apple Music.

John195
Visitor

Over 5 thousand votes for a subject from 2018 and not a single response from Spotify?

sorry Spotify, I'm cancelling my subscription until this is fixed. 

Jesperi_
Visitor

Same here, i would not have believed that i'm going to switch to any other streaming service in near future but spotify just doesn't seems to care about this so i'm going to atleast give a try for apple music.

Spotify losing another subscriber. I wonder if they even care.

keyserkovacs
Visitor

I can not believe Spotify doesn't provide this service as soon as Apple has released WatchOS 6.

I have a familiar plan and obviously I will move to Apple Music if Spotify remain in this approach. It doesn't make sense.

I want to enjoy my spotify music on Apple Watch now.

I hope they realized and come back to sanity.

Thanks!

popfod
Casual Listener

I'm genuinely sorry to lose you, Spotify. Been with you since the early days, but I don't understand what's going on here. Moving to Apple Music now. Please let me know if the situation changes. 

dkroer
Casual Listener

Dear, dear Spotify... 

I'm part of Danish family supporting Spotify from the start..

But I have now started a 3 month trial on Apple Music... as I have bought an Apple Watch LTE. And I don't want to carry my phone as well when doing workouts...

Android is picking up, no doubt - I have tested it the last 10 months with a OnePlus mobile phone, but I needed to go back to Apple for many reasons... and sitting here Friday evening completely stunned that you don't support a mobile WatchOS connection.... Swedish companies where previously always "mobile first" companies... but no longer... This will hurt you in the long run, and I'm so sad to see this...

Kind regards,

smcbrown
Casual Listener

Spotify quietly rolled out Siri integration yesterday, which is also something that was recently enabled by Apple. I am really really hoping a standalone watch app is up next.

Sequencentropy

The two major issues I have with Spotify at this point are [this issue] and NEXT IN QUEUE FROM CONNECTED DEVICES. Why I cannot see spotify queue on my dash in carplay is beyond me. I just love having to pick up my phone and toggle 3 layers of screens before seeing what's coming up next - a lesson in focused driving, for sure. 

Very few issues, but these two are so major I'm on the verge of dumping my premium family account.

ladlr

Just started my apple music free trial...spotify you have three month :)

SkittzLP
Casual Listener

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! I mean I would really love a stand-alone Watch App with offline support but since I have my phone with me at all times anyways and Siri can access Spotify now, I'm convinced to stay. For now. That and the Spotify-curated Playlists are just too good. And I have all my own playlist haha. But seriously, a stand-alone Watch App needs to happen like yesterday so I don't need to carry my phone around when I'm running. 

SUGGESTED POSTS