Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Re: Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

aborgschulte
Casual Listener

What a joke. The fact that podcast apps that people have never heard of have this enabled and yet the same boilerplate nonsense from Spotify. What a disgrace

IskandarBwefar

Same here. It's ridiculous that Spotify still uses the Apple Watch merely as a remote control.
For this first time since it's release in 2015, I'm listening to Apple Music again. It's just super convenient to have my music playing from my wrist without a phone around.

aborgschulte
Casual Listener

Yep. Just updated my Verizon wireless account and they include free Apple Music so it's bye-bye Spotify 

mannyboi
Visitor

It's disappointing to read all the threads regarding this topic, while seeing moderators only vaguely reply "we see that this is a popular request". I've been premium with Spotify since 3 sept 2009 and scuffed off Apple Music once it arrived. Seeing how Spotify is deeply integrated into Apples ecosystem I have a hard time believing that they're not on the ball on this one, it must be an excusive feature Apple is keeping to themselves to attract customers like the NFC chip in iPhones reserved for Apple Pay. I  sincerely hope this is the case, and that Spotify is working every single day to make this happen for their users. Like many users I'm getting my first Apple Watch now, and with an increasing amount of consumers hopefully we'll see this soon. I'll probably jump on a trial for Apple Music and allow myself to be tempted, who knows what'll happen...

SkittzLP
Casual Listener

Thing is, it is NOT an Apple exclusive feature since WatchOS 6. Other platforms already integrated the API and are able to stream content right to the Apple Watch. I think the problem rather lies in Spotify not wanting to pay the Apple Tax unlike every other service out there. Spotify tries to hide the fact that the Apple Tax gets lowered from 30% to 15% after the first year. Google is smart enough to let the users pay that tax if they buy YouTube+ through the iPhone App without even letting people know that it would be cheaper if you subscribe through a web browser. Is that fair? No not at all. But it's smart. If you don't like the rules of the league, don't play in the league. That league is the App Store and if you want to use features provided by Apple you need to step up and pay for them. It's called capitalism and it's a concept both Apple and Spotify follow. 

wesmichael
Casual Listener

I feel highly disrespected after paying for this app for the past 8yrs. I guess its just frustrating that as I grow as a person and need more, you guys to grow along with me. I dont want to have to drag my iPhone with me everywhere I go to enjoy my spotify premium. I give you guys 2 weeks to make this adjustment before I bail and give my money to Apple Music or Pandora. Times tickin' dont be foolish

wesmichael
Casual Listener

I'm a verified artist on spotify and I just dropped my premium and went with apple due to this problem.

jeran170
Visitor

Same here - dropped my Spotify Premium Membership due to missing Apple Watch Support. Although I like the (automated) music selection on Spotify the most, I am running with the Apple Watch and need the music.

LuckySlevin
Visitor
Same here. Just canceled my 4 years old premium contract because of that. Being able to only listen to music without having my phone with me was one of the main reasons why I bought the Apple Watch. Hopefully Spotify wakes up and changes something. Because I would be willing to switch back to them any time! Cheers

SaurabhMohal
Visitor

Hello Spotify, I recently bought an Apple Watch Series 3 cellular just to listen to music while i am doing exercise and to keep Iphone at home, but when i came to know about this issue where we cannot stream Spotify on cellular watch i was really disappointed. I do not like Apple Music and don't want to pay as well. Question is why we want cellular watch when apps like Spotify cannot stream music independently? It is a shame, is there anyone from Spotify working on it? Also why you guys didn't have contact number? 

I think its time to pull up your socks. 

SUGGESTED POSTS