Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming files that are saved to iPhone

Solved!

Streaming files that are saved to iPhone

Hey guys, 

Been trying to find an answer for this but I cant seem to find anything. If I have my playlists saved to play offline on my iPhone but I am online will it stream the music or just play the saved file and therefore preventing it from using data as the files are already saved on my phone. 

I'm wondering this because I dont want to chew through heaps of data by streaming files that I already have saved, but dont want to turn it to offline mode so that if I do want to listen to another song that I dont have saved it will stream without having to change it to online mode. 

Hope someone can help, 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It should play the downloaded version if you have the songs synced for offline use.

The app will still use data for loading album art and streaming songs that are not downloaded for offline use as well as for other things. It shouldn't use a whole lot of data, but the best thing to make sure no data is being used is to go into the app settings and turn "Offline Mode" to "On".

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

It should play the downloaded version if you have the songs synced for offline use.

The app will still use data for loading album art and streaming songs that are not downloaded for offline use as well as for other things. It shouldn't use a whole lot of data, but the best thing to make sure no data is being used is to go into the app settings and turn "Offline Mode" to "On".

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks mate, 

I'm not too worried about album art and using normal amount of data for other things, just wanted to avoid using up all my data listening to a few hours of music that I have saved without realising. 

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts