Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stuck in "Open in Spotify" loop

Stuck in "Open in Spotify" loop

Plan: Premium Family

Device: iPhone 11 Max

Operating System: 14.4

I cannot open the Spotify app. I swiped up on someone's instagram story to see their playlist. It opened a safari window with a pop up that says "Open in Spotify." When I click yes, it opens the spotify app, and then redirects to a new safari window with a popup asking to "Open in Spotify." It constatly loops. If I choose no, it takes me to a safari window that never loads. But if I open the spotify app (even if I close it before reopening) it re-directs me back to safari and starts the process over. 

I no longer care about accessing the playlist, I just want to be able to use spotify again. 

Things I have tried:

- Closing completely out of Safari, Instagram, and Spotify

- Clearing Safari cache

- Uninstalling & Reinstalling instagram and spotify

- Restarting iPhone

4 Replies

Hey there @jbunch0703

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the Spotify app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Also, could you let us know if this happens over both WiFi and 3/4G, or only on one connection type?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I've been having this same problem. I've done a clean reinstall and nothing seems to work. Every time I open the Spotify app, it instantly redirects me to safari that asks if I want to open the page in Spotify. If I hit open, it will take me back to the app and then back to safari in a constant loop. If I click cancel, then it just says "sorry, couldn't find that." I've restarted my phone several times and I have uninstall/reinstall Spotify several times and nothing works. 

Please help!

Hi, I’ve been having this exact issue. However, I don’t use Instagram. I had even spoken to Spotify support and I had factory reset my phone. Even with a factory reset of my device it still proceeds to do this.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

@Aiden_Butler Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app? This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, please share with us the make, model and operative system you're running. This way we can look into it. 

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts