Stuck on "Waiting to download"

Onelittleworld
Casual Listener

Plan  Premium

Country  USA

Device  iPhone Xr

Operating System  12.3.1

My Question or Issue

I have a large-ish playlist that I have set on download on the phone app... so when I add new songs to it on the desktop app or on my iPad, it's supposed to automatically add those new songs to the download on my phone when I open it. I can see those newer songs in the playlist on my phone, but they don't have the green "downloaded" icon below them, and the indicator at the top reads "Waiting to download". Been stuck like this for a half hour. Is there a way to force this download to happen right now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Stuck on "Waiting to download"

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @Onelittleworld, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If that doesn't help, could you try a different internet connection?

If you're still having issues, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown.

Let me know how this goes :)

Billy-JRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
4 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @Onelittleworld, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If that doesn't help, could you try a different internet connection?

If you're still having issues, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown.

Let me know how this goes :)

Billy-JRock Star 21

Someone987
Casual Listener

Hey there. I'm having the same issue and have tried numerous resolution attempts but nothing is working.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but could you take a look at mine as well please?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Cannot-Sync-Download-Local-Files-on-Phone/m-p/4788524#M1537...

Onelittleworld
Casual Listener

Resolved. For whatever reason, the problem went away when I signed in to another WiFi server. Thanks for responding, Billy-J.

Highlighted

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @Onelittleworld,

Awesome! You're very welcome. If you need help with anything in the future, you can always let me know or start up a new thread in the Community.

Have a great day :)

Billy-JRock Star 21
SUGGESTED POSTS