Stuck on "Waiting to download"

Solved!

Stuck on "Waiting to download"

Plan  Premium

Country  USA

Device  iPhone Xr

Operating System  12.3.1

My Question or Issue

I have a large-ish playlist that I have set on download on the phone app... so when I add new songs to it on the desktop app or on my iPad, it's supposed to automatically add those new songs to the download on my phone when I open it. I can see those newer songs in the playlist on my phone, but they don't have the green "downloaded" icon below them, and the indicator at the top reads "Waiting to download". Been stuck like this for a half hour. Is there a way to force this download to happen right now?

33 Replies

Asus Zenfone 6, 64 GB

ASUS_I01WDX

Android 10

Spotify Premium Family member

512 GB SD Card

~26,000 songs, ~250 playlists

That solution did not help me at all.

I have done a factory reset and reinstalled Spotify and downloaded my music again. There are 13 playlists left to download and each one is stuck on "Waiting to Download." I am trying just one PL at a time, still stuck. I have used different wifi networks, rebooted many times, logged out and in many times, cleaned cache many times, created new PL online (one album) and let it appear on my phone and  then tried to download it, tried downloading on cellular only, still stuck on "Waiting to Download," the download indicator flashes about 5 times and then there is no more downloading activity.

Now what?

The best solution I have found is Deezer: similar catalogue, similar cost, very dissimilar performance.

07676B8B-10D9-4444-A508-44FF16DB8677.jpeg

unfortunately, these solutions doesn’t work for me at all. this happened a few days after i updated my phone to ios14.

i noticed that my downloaded podcast episodes were stuck so i tried reinstalling. all it did was make me lose all my downloads. i already tried leaving my phone w spotify on its foreground and removed the auto-lock. 

it’s my second day waiting for my 1401 downloads. 

Hey there @sayitcharlie,

Thanks for posting about this here and welcome to the Community!

If you haven't already, could you try switching the Download quality from the app's settings to see if that makes a difference?

It's also possible that this is due to an issue with the cache on your device. You mention you've tried reinstalling the app but we'd suggest giving it another try, this time performing a thorough reinstallation to remove the cache of the app as well. There are steps on how to do this in this Spotify Answer. As a heads-up, this process should remove any downloaded content available on your device but you can always download content again once you've reinstalled the app.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi there ! I tried to reinstall the app and performed a clear cache. 

I have some liked songs but no arrow next to them. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks ! 

Hey there @pruel-yloz_db,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We can see that you mentioned that you performed a reinstall. Can you confirm if you followed these exact steps? This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have same problem with downloading, tried all the advice on forums still have problems, canceled premium, Spotify should have phone numbers to advise, trouble is big companies make too much money to care.

Hey there @Ozzie69,

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried?

If you haven't reinstalled the app following these specific steps @Jeremy sent, we suggest that you try it to check if that makes the difference. 

On another note, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Deleted app 20 times and installed no joy cleared cache no joy, I keep downloading song and they disappear once logged back in forums don't have the answer been a premium user no getting frustrated should have a phone service for advice

Hi @Ozzie69

Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to make sure, are you using an SD card? If so, we suggest that you remove it > restart your phone > reinstall the app again and check if this does the trick.

Additionally, in case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, we recommend deactivating them for Spotify.

Lastly, we currently don't offer phone support but no worries, we're here to help whenever you need. Also, if you prefer, you can reach out to our Support team here

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Hi have gone what you advised didn't make any difference 

Hey @Ozzie69,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂  

Could you check if the issue occurs on another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue.

It's also a good idea to try with another network. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Hi I have tried different device and different network I still have the same problem

Hey @Ozzie69,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

In this case, we suggest to reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your account and further assist you with this.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a reply away.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts