Premium

Country

United States 

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

The swipe to queue and add track to library gestures are no longer working on any Artist's "Popular" songs. The gestures still work in other locations such as when viewing albums, playlists, or searched songs.

This feature is important to me because when a song comes on from an artist I haven't listened to and like, I visit artists pages and queue up their Popular songs to see if I like some of their other releases. This allows me to easily and quickly save the songs and artist if I like them or pass them up and continue with my playlist/radio if I do not.

I'm guessing the loss of functionality has to do with the recent UI change to Artist's pages (Pictures are now a cover picture behind their artists names and follow button look and position change).

----------------------------

Here is the link to the "Idea Submission" for this now, missing feature. Please like it if you miss it too.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Other-Swipe-to-Queue-gesture-no-longer-availab...

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I tried it on my end and it's working:

I can swipe to queue songs from Popular songs of an artistI can swipe to queue songs from Popular songs of an artist

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks for the help! I've tried restarting my phone and also updated my Spotify app to the latest version (8.4.88). I've also tried a clean install to no avail.

My iPhone X is running iOS 12.1. There is a 12.1.2 patch available, which I'll probably install sometime this week.

Any other suggestions?

Hey @jnguyen0651,

My app just picked up the new update to the artists profile and I can't queue them up by swiping right.

I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Same problem here with latest version. 

Thanks for the suggestion Lori.

Here is the link to the "Idea Submission" for this now, missing feature. Please like it if you miss it too.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Other-Swipe-to-Queue-gesture-no-longer-availab...

Suggested posts