Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync playlists from Macbook to iPhone without internet connection

Sync playlists from Macbook to iPhone without internet connection

Unless I missed something, it looks like there is no way to transfer offline playlists I have on my Macbook to my iPhone when no internet connection is available. Any reason why ??? It really sucks, frankly. As a Premium subscriber, I would expect that simple functionality to be available... Makes me want to look into Deezer or other players.

Anyone found out a workaround ?

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You are correct, downloading offline playlists requires your phone to have an internet connection since it needs to download those tracks from Spotify. Its down to the way the system is designed, tracks downloaded on one Spotify client can't be played on another obviously to protect the content. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your answer.

I do understand the necessity to protect the content. It is of course fair and normal.

Nevertheless, since you have to authenticate with the remote servers at least once to be able to use the Spotify app on each device, it would be interesting to implement a decentralised authentication module whereby two apps on two different devices  would be able to ensure that they belong to the same user and therefore share contents via USB or Bluetooth, for example, without need for further authentication and without breaching the protection associated with the content.

Another benefit would be to reduce the strain on the Spotify servers.

Just an idea...

Suggested posts