Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync to iPod Classic

Solved!

Sync to iPod Classic

Good day all,

I have an iPod Classic.

My Spotify account is Premium.

I recently tried to sync my playlists (which are available offline) to my iPod.

After the erase of all my old music from my iPod, I used the option to select which playlists to sync and searched for a 'Sync' execute button of sorts........

Then I noticed the 'only local files synced' message under the selected Spotify playlists.

Am I to understand that as a Permium user, I cannot sync my downloaded spotify playlists to my iPod Classic?

I look forward to your replies and solutions.

Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Rish 🙂 

That is correct, you can only sync local files you already own to an iPod classic, just like you can with iTunes. Unfortunately its not possible to sync any content from Spotify to a device which does not have a Spotify application. Full details are outlined in this post

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Rish 🙂 

That is correct, you can only sync local files you already own to an iPod classic, just like you can with iTunes. Unfortunately its not possible to sync any content from Spotify to a device which does not have a Spotify application. Full details are outlined in this post

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ola Peter,

Thanks for your prompt response.

That link sheds light on the other doubts that would have followed your answer to me.

Too bad for all the lost music on my iPod. I'll have to get them back some how.

It would have helped if the Spotify instructions on sync were more specific ( idiot proof 😉 )

Hope you have a nice day ahead.

Rish

Suggested posts