Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing Local Files from Imac to Iphone

Syncing Local Files from Imac to Iphone

I'll start off by saying I am aware that there are numerous similar topics to this one but none have been able to fix my problem and none seem to be about going from an imac to an iphone.

I have heaps of old .mp3's from my old macbook from around 2008-2009 that are remixes and rare recordings that are not on spotify and probably never will be. They play on the desktop version of spotify and I have made a playlist containing them.

This playlist shows up in my IOS spotify but It will not download to my phone no matter what I try.

It continues to tell me "song not downloaded. If you own the song, you can download it from your computer."

Frustrating that I do have it on my computer, it will play on spotify desktop and I am following the method it says will work.

If anyone could please help me out that would be very appreciated.

1 Reply

Hey, @superhands91 -

Please make sure your iPhone and iMac is connected to the same wifi network and logged into the same account.

Also, you can try troubleshooting through the following steps:

• Try using a different WiFi connection (although make sure all devices are connected to the same WiFi network).
  • Add the files to a different playlist.
  • Reinstall the app on all devices.

Check this out for more: https://support.spotify.com/article/Listen-to-local-files/

Tell me how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts