Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing .M4A/.MP3 music to iphone - Album art is missing

Syncing .M4A/.MP3 music to iphone - Album art is missing

Hi, when syncing music which was being purchased from legal sources like iTunes or self-ripped from CD and encoding them into .m4a or .mp3 and sync to my iphone the album art would always be missing. This is getting on my nerve 'cause all my tracks in the local files have proper id3 and cover art. I noticed that the problem is because when the track is being synced to the device, the app would check the album/track against spotify server. If none is found no artwork will be applied despite the track having proper artwork before syncing from pc to the phone. One example Album - Lifehouse Out of the Wasteland (Bonus track) Version (iTunes exclusive) Track - Hindsight Source: iTunes Other track from this album would have the cover art except for those which are not found on Spotify server. If spotify can't resolve this, i would suggest them to make Spotify app read the music directly from iPhone stock music application cause it is such a bummer. Next, this issue is with Windows Spotify program. The problem is around the same with the above issue where an unknown track will be checked against Spotify and if none is found it gives me another artist name. Here's an example When importing the album Adele - 25 Target Exclusive which was ripped and encoded properly. It would not be able to recognize the track properly. Eg. the track All I Ask in the 25 album. When i import it in, the Artist would changed to Amber Adele instead of Adele...... Spotify i hope you guys can buck up. Else user would surely migrate to other platform (Your not the only streaming service out in the field. There are Google Play Music, Amazon Prime Music, Apple Music, Pandora, Tidal and many more). Also simple issues such as email verification is still not being ironed out by Spotify Team YET. Hope to get back from Spotify Team soon.
2 Replies

Hey @ted9

This bug just started happening recently. I have already submitted a bug report for it. Hopefully Spotify will fix it soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @ted9

There were a few album art bugs fixed recently. Are you still having trouble with local file album art in the iOS app?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts