Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing takes an eternity

Solved!

Syncing takes an eternity

I bought spotify premium a while ago - the whole reason I bought it was to download songs on the fly, and listen to them while mobile. Well. . . It seems that spotify is incapable of doing this because it takes approximately 10 minutes to sync a song for offline mode, which is strange because I could probably pirate the whole album on a P2P network in half that time - The whole reason I switched to Spotify was so I could get the songs I wanted quickly without trouble. Spotify thus far, has failed to offer me that service. I am on a high speed network. There is absolutely no reason it should take 10 minutes to download a song for offline mode. There should be no reason for me to have to fiddle around with my network settings to get spotify to move, because spotify is the ONLY application that seems to have problems with my network.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's weird. My iPad on 3G can sync 50 tracks in a few minutes.
Probably it's due to your connection try connecting to wifi and settings your quality to sync either normal or high.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

@jameshelios wrote:

I bought spotify premium a while ago - the whole reason I bought it was to download songs on the fly, and listen to them while mobile. Well. . . It seems that spotify is incapable of doing this because it takes approximately 10 minutes to sync a song for offline mode, which is strange because I could probably pirate the whole album on a P2P network in half that time - The whole reason I switched to Spotify was so I could get the songs I wanted quickly without trouble. Spotify thus far, has failed to offer me that service. I am on a high speed network. There is absolutely no reason it should take 10 minutes to download a song for offline mode. There should be no reason for me to have to fiddle around with my network settings to get spotify to move, because spotify is the ONLY application that seems to have problems with my network.

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify Community!

What is your quality set to? If you have high/extreme quality, it will take longer to sync.

Song files are large, the best thing to sync over is wifi

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Marked as solution

That's weird. My iPad on 3G can sync 50 tracks in a few minutes.
Probably it's due to your connection try connecting to wifi and settings your quality to sync either normal or high.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts