Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Text Display for Longer Playlist Names

Text Display for Longer Playlist Names

I wish there was a way to see the complete text for longer playlist names which go past the edge of the screen.  I add albums as playlists a lot and the names can get a little long.  If I have multiple albums from an artist in separate playlists and the text goes off the screen, I cannot tell which playlist is which as what is displayed looks the same up to the edge of the screen.

The default music app on ios has a feature where you can just tap and hold to get a popup with smaller/wrapped text showing the full text.  Spotify needs this or let the names scroll or something.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?  ...hoping for an update.

4 Replies

The lack of this really bugs me too. It's got to be a pretty simple thing to implement even if its an option to switch on or off within the app. 

Agreed.  For example, the Britify playlists (britify.com), for each of the BBC radio stations start with "Britify.com - BBC Radio..."  and that's where they end on the iPhone iOS app.  So you can't tell whether it's BBC 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.  Might be good to add the last few letters of the playlist name.

Or allow us to modify the names of subscribed playlists?

Or allow a scrolling option?

Many, if not most, multiple-movement classical pieces end up having long titles as not only the title is included in the track name, but often the composer, and sometimes other text relating to the style indication for a movement, BEFORE the movement number. Again, a floating popup while holding, or a scrolling information bar, would be incredibly helpful for those of us who pay to use spotify as a service to play examples for university classes and only have the ability to use the iPhone app.

Suggested posts