Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The June 2019 UI is terrible and I will be going to Apple Music

The June 2019 UI is terrible and I will be going to Apple Music

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

IOS 10

My Question or Issue

The new User Interface is terrble and because of this update, I am stronly considering leaving Spotify for Apple Music, after 8 faithful years of paying for Spotify Premium.  I have experinced bad updates from Spoitfy before, but this one tops the cake.  I'm suprised that Spotfiy hasn't reverted yet, as I myself and so many others hate this.  Thanks for the rad years of music, but If you don't revert to the last UI in the next update, I will be moving on from Spotify Premium.

4 Replies

I simply cannot believe they removed the A - Z along the right hand side of albums or artists from the iOS platform.  In the first 5 minutes after update independently my wife and I were both like wth ???!!!! To say doing this BROKE the interface is not an exageration.  If there's some other way to move to an album that begins with a band with the letter S once albums loads -- other than 30 seconds of continual swiping -- I would love to hear about it!!!

OK to be fair, I can swipe down, then type 2-3 letters to be looking at a subset of my albums in the general proximity of where I wanted to go.  However, I am now no longer browsing, my catalogue as the number of selections is reduced.  This is a very different user experience inasmuch as a) I hate typing and don't want to use the keyboard, and b) if I wind up getting to the S's and changing my mind, I can no longer let my brain and creative spirit just drive me with further searching since I'm looking at a much smaller list -- I would need to repeat the process.

Vastly inferior user experience.

Right there with you. After paying for premium for years, I’ve seen minor changes. But this, is is borderline unusable. No scroll option is absolute B.S. In order for artists to appear in what should be your library, you have to follow them. BTW, doing that took me wayyy to long and now I’m following like 400 something artists. A lot of which I just like one or two tracks from and could care less if they put out a new album. Recently played being put in the home screen and a few swipes down is super inconvenient. I really hope Spotify is reading this stuff. I know the App Store is full of reviews that are unhappy with the new update. If they don’t change it back or at least bring back the library, scroll bar, and an easily accessible recently played list I think I’ll be checking out Apple Music. I know of all the **bleep** up things Apple does, they don’t ruin UIs like this. 

Lord in heaven above -- THANK GOD THEY BROUGHT BACK THE A...Z in albums and artists in ios ... it's at least usable now ...

Suggested posts