Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 11 pro max)

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

I had my lyrics for songs on and i missed the date to pay premium again, I went to free Spotify but after I upgraded to premium again the lyrics in songs are not showing up and the only thing that shows is the genius thing about behind the song. I’ve been using Spotify for 3+ years and i hate when this happens, might change to Apple Music because it has lyrics in almost every song.

9 Replies

Hi there @twentyjuansavage! Welcome to the Community! 

The lyrics feature is still being tested out which means you may get to try the feature out temporarily and it’s not available on all accounts or areas. More information about this here. For now, you can view the lyrics following these steps.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Take care!

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there @twentyjuansavage,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

The Lyrics feature was being tested in your market but is not available at the moment. At Spotify, we're constantly running tests and improvements, that's why you might see something in the app that other users don't, or vice-versa, or get a new feature to try temporarily.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter and we'll pass it on to the right folks. In the meantime, make sure to keep the app always updated so you don't miss out on any improvements.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Have here my dislike 👎🏽

🙂

It seems to be a moment to moment occurrence.  For instance, the new Kendrick album dropped, for the first 48 hours there were no lyrics on any songs. Then all lyrics for all songs.  Then the “cannot load lyrics for this song” message on some songs.  Then the same message for all songs. 

Is there a limited timeframe on how long each streaming platform can share lyrics?  Apple Music must have priority access to lyrics, because in contrast to Spotify, all lyrics to all tracks are available all the time.  

Is this something Spotify will have access to sometime soon?

I have the same problem, I had it yesterday but no longer today.

On both my devices iphoneXR and iPhone12 mini

Singapore

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

The lyrics availability could be affected by different factors including a lyrics provider. We hope to have all the lyrics available for our catalog as it grows day by day.

But the error message mentioned is not normal. To keep investigating this case, could you send us the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, it would be great if you could attach a screenshot where we can see the error message.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

how long will it be out for?

Absolute trash.  Having the lyrics feature for so long was amazing. It was a selling point to many friends that asked what music service was better. If we don’t get them back I’ll be taking my money elsewhere.  

This is the same BS answer that spotify has been passing around to lie to their customers. This response does not explain why songs that had lyrics suddenly do not have lyrics. It's a cop out.

Suggested posts