Premium

Country

Israel 

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System
ios 10

My Question or Issue

The music/podcast keep pausing and the button doesn’t change then after a while it starts again for a few seconds and pauses again, and so on. It doesn’t matter if I’m with Bluetooth or without. Also when I start playing a song or a podcast it takes a few seconds to start.

12 Replies

Hi there @Talidji,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The issue you're describing fits a scenario where the device you're using has connectivity issues - this may explain the sudden pause of tracks.

before we try any further steps, i would like you to check out your device on different WiFi connections and to check if the issue persists.

Waiting on your update 🙂

It doesn’t change based on the WiFi or cellular data

Hi @Talidji,

thanks for trying out my advise !

The next step would be to perform a clean reinstall of the app following the instructions on this official Spotify answer.

Note: please make sure that the device you're using is fully updated as well.

Furthermore, i would refer you to this Spotify answer detailing issues with music pausing or stopping randomly. 

Read it carefully and i believe you will be able to find a solution there if the clean reinstall did no do it.

Keep me posted 🙂

Keep me posted 🙂

I'm also having this issue.  I've tried everything you've described as well as everything available on Google.  It looks like a year ago, there were similar issues and similar solutions were suggested.

What's going on?  I don't really want to put the effort in to do it, but I'm going to have to go to another service if this isn't fixed...  Playing songs is the only thing I I pay Spotify to do...

Got this issue as well on Android though and it's only recently begun. Ruins my podcast outside walk entirely during this crazy COVID time.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, we'd suggest you deactivate them for Spotify. It's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

Tip: You can check these steps and clear the cache. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I started having this problem on my iPhone 11 (running iOS 13.6.1) recently. Doesn’t matter if I use AirPlay or Spotify Connect. Apple Music does not have this problem.

Hey @Edelbeb,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We'd suggest you start off by restarting your phone. Then you can log out and log back in to the account. 

If that doesn't do the trick, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not leading to this issue.

It's also a good idea to try with another account. By doing that, we can see if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue, it started around 2 weeks ago. My iPhone is updated, I tried the clean Spotify app install and the issue still persists 😞

It happens randomly on different Podcast. Currently I am noticing that the podcast:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/60RWbgzECT5eZ4KrbQz36G?si=9ss_kMQAQo65Un3HVxNj9Q

plays after around 60s (it seems to me that it loads the data), then it plays for few seconds and then pauses for another minute. I have no issues with the connectivity (the same goes for LTE or home wifi).

I also tried to disable the power saving mode and it did not help.

I have no issues playing music...

Any ideas? Thank you 🙂 

Hey there @Majusska,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We appreciate the time you've taken to try the troubleshooting steps we've suggested. 

We'd like to know if the same happens on any other device and if it also happens on your iPhone using a different account. You can borrow a friend's or relative's account to test this. This can help us determine whether it's an account-related issue or not.

Also, if you're using a VPN, try disconnecting it as it might interfere with the app's performance.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

So, I think I found a solution.  Buy a new phone 🤣

In all seriousness, I did find a solution for myself.  It was something to do with the download of the podcast which was messing things up for me.  After removing the download via the Spotify app and then just listening off of mobile data (not ideal) it never randomly paused for me.

Hope this helps out some other individuals and possibly provide an area for the Spotify dev team to look at. 

My Spotify is being played on a Samsung Note 3 and keeps quitting every 15 minutes or so. When it does this, I cannot load the time to listen to tell it to play to end of podcast.

There is no click through to the individual episode page which has the slidebar for forward etc.

I have two boosters for wifi in my room. Hardly going to be a connectivity issue. All other gadgets work as required.

So, step 2 of fix is to empty cache. Done. Sometimes I request it be done via twitter spotify support. How that sh/be any different, I don't know.

Reinstalling the app is final fix # 3. 

Anyone have any idea why the spotify app is annoyingly such a time suck in buggyness?

I expect premium to be better.

Suggested posts