The new update is absolutely horrendous

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

My Question or Issue

Why??? Why on earth would you remove the recently played on the your library page? The Recently played on the home page is terrible, I can’t just pick and choose, I have to slide and go through the albums individually which is so much more time consuming for no reason. Why can’t you download individual songs anymore? Do you think people have unlimited space? This might be the worst part of the update for most people, but the removal of recently played absolutely takes the cake for me. There are options to change the arrangement for playlists but the album section doesn’t have those options for whatever reason, which you’d think an audio service would cater to people who listen to music. 

And of course, you’d think with this update, they’d at least improve going through saved albums and stuff, but NO, they’ve actually made it WORSE. The main part of the update is WORSE than before. How does one screw this up so bad??? Why are they not in alphabetical order? Why is the sliding alphabetical scroll on the side gone? I’ve used audio players that haven’t had their design changed in 20 years and they still work fine, and much, MUCH better than this heinous update.

I can assure you, that if these things are not fixed, this will be the last month I pay for Spotify premium. I am not going to pay for a service that screws over artists and now is turning it’s back on the paying customers that keep this god awful service alive. Things were fine before, why change it? This is absolutely shameful 

3 Replies

Oh and now I just noticed the saved songs are nowhere to be found. Just great. I’m in total disbelief. 

Oh man...i just registered to this forum to complain about this update. I've been on Spotify for 2+ years and there have been little updates along the way that i haven't liked but they seem to either get fixed or reverted (or i forget on move on)

But this update is crippling. I can't even be bothered going through all the feautres removed because you outliend them well. For the life of me i can't even understand what the goal was? i can't even get to 'i see what they are trying to do' because its so bizarre

So now my mustic is split into  2 sections. One with 6 artists at the top, that seem to be chosen at complete random. Then into a 'reccomended artists' which is based on 'songs and albums you like'. Which is funny, because they are all the songs and albums i had, you know, saved to my library? 

So now to choose music i can aimless scoll through a randomised list that can't be sorted alphabetically or search for a specifc artist? So now you basically just set my entire librarary filing system to shuffle and removed features? I promise you all i need is a A-Z listing with a scoll bar and you guys will get a 10/10. 

I honestly don't care about when my premium membership runs to, this weekend i'm back on Apple Music if its not fixed

Hey @jdw32 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts