Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The stop synching after 10 minutes feature really sucks

The stop synching after 10 minutes feature really sucks

Why in the world did you guys make the download synching stop after 10 minutes of inactivity or when the screen goes dark? This is extreemly annoying. I live in the United States where we have the worst wireless coverage on the planet, it's much worse than in third world countries. There is no coverage anywhwere on the West Coast that isn't a major City or is near a freeway. So I have to synch my lists to make them available offline, otherwise I just don't get a good quality listening experience. 

Only trouble is, when I am home, I can't just get the phone to synch my playlists when I am charging the phone. So what happens instead is that the synch happens only when I am listening, and of course, that's when the phone isn't plugged in and it's when I am on the go. The result: the batteries get depleted from all the data transfer. 

This is super inconvenient. Please fix this, or at the very least, allow the download synch to continue when the phone is unattended and on WiFi. 

I know your dev team is in Europe where there is superb cell coverage, but in the US, all the providers have mediocre cell coverage, especially in the Center and on the West Coast. It's a whole different world out here. We need to have an app that runs reliablly when offline and synchs when the phone is charging. 

3 Replies

I am not sure this is directly a Spotify issue but I don't have an iDevice to test. 

Normally, devices will shut of WiFi when they go to sleep, or go into a power saving state as outlined in this help page if they are not connected to power. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Actually the Spotify App for iOS explicitely states that it will automatically shut down synching after 10 minutes of inactivity or when the screen goes dark. It even goes as far as sending a notification saying it's stopping the synch. I also develop phone apps and I know for a fact that the app can control this. The app can continue to download in the background.

The older version of the app seemed not to have an issue with this.

Is there any way to have Spotify keep on downloading? I would love to sync my iphone during nights, but it constantly keeps on stopping to download if I don't touch it from time to time.

Suggested posts