Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.4.1

Update:

I think I figure it out! If I use the Control Center to activate Shazam the song won't be added to Spotify. But if I open Shazam like any other app, the song will be added.

It's a pity still to not be able to use the Control Center icon, but at least now it works as it should do. 

My Question or Issue

I have read several threads on the sync issues between Shazam and Spotify. I´ve tried everything and nothing seems to work for me. On my own inquiries, I concluded a cause for this problem.
The problem may be related when Spotify identifies the name of the song. If there are several versions of the same song Spotify is struggles in choosing a track to add to the playlist. So if the song was launched as a single, is part of an album and was included in a Greatest hits collection Spotify simply doesn't know which is the track to include on the Playlist. This is not bulletproof though. With songs that have two versions, the feature may work.
I also found that if the song only has one version the feature works perfectly for me.
Anyway. I just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone has found a solution for this...

1 Reply

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps in the thread that you provided?

We also suggest that you make sure that both of the apps is up to date.

You can also perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you reinstall the Shazam app.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts