Step 1

NEXT STEP

Theres a ghost song in my playlist

Theres a ghost song in my playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

This is the thing, I have a public playlist. In my computer it says that I have 77 songs (the correct number), but in my phone a Ipad it says that I have 78 songs. Even after i removed all songs from the playlist it kept saying I have 1 song but when I enter it says that I got no songs.

How can I get rid of that ghost song, help!!!!!

4 Replies

Hello @alvarorg23

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

It's possible that the one song is currently not available

There's an option to hide or display unavailable content, so you can delete it:

Mobile and tablet 

• Tap Home icon_home.png,
  • Tap Settings icon_settings.png,
  • Switch Show unplayable songs off (grey) or on (green).

Desktop

• Click the arrow icon_arrow.png in the top-right corner and select Settings,
  • Under Display Options switch Show unavailable songs in playlists off (grey) or on (green).

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

This doesn't work. Have tried it multiple times and it still says 1 song in playlist when there is 0. Did a clean reinstall and everything. This is an issue with Spotify. Not with our settings.

Hey @mitchellsmith93,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're trying to figure out what might be causing this issue since this is something that we couldn't replicate on our end. Can you let us know if that happens in all of your playlists or just a particular one?

We'd also like to know in which device you're seeing this behavior and if it also happens in any other devices where you use the app.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've the same problem with my playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2XC30ir8VgKLOc7aRLnrrp?si=1764d894d9b94197

It tells me there is 1001 songs on my playlist, but there are only 1000 songs. When I delete all the songs, spotify still tells me there is 1 song on the playlist. 

Suggested posts