Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Things Spotify is missing that RDIO has had for a long time.

Things Spotify is missing that RDIO has had for a long time.

Hi,

I am a new subscriber from Canada who has been using RDIO for some time.  I will admit that the Spotify song library is far superior to RDIO but that is where the advantages end.  If Spotify was smart, they would take the desktop and mobile interface of RDIO and just completely rip it off.  

Spotify is currently missing these functions that RDIO has had for as long as I can remember:

-A sleep timer within the iOS app!  

-The ability to queue an album sync to your mobile device from the desktop app so it just automatically syncs when you open up the mobile app.

-The ability to add more than 10,000 songs to your collection.  This one makes absolutely no sense, why is there a limit?

-On the mobile app, why can't you collapse all the songs within the albums under the Artist tab?  I don't want to have to scroll down looking for an album if an artist has a vast discography with hundreds of songs.  I just want to see the album list, and then after clicking the album, all the songs.  

At the end of my 30 day trial I will have a tough decision to make.  I would love it if RDIO had the content of Spotify or vice versa.  

1 Reply

@ryanreitsma

-A sleep timer within the iOS app!
> I know that its not in the main app, but you can find a sleep timer in the app store!

-The ability to queue an album sync to your mobile device from the desktop app so it just automatically syncs when you open up the mobile app.
> Actually if you head into the devices tab while your PC + mobile is on the same wifi network you can tick and allow syncing offline and see the progress on your desktop.

-The ability to add more than 10,000 songs to your collection. This one makes absolutely no sense, why is there a limit?
> Yeah, I know right, the developers knew about this and we've already escalated this bug.

-On the mobile app, why can't you collapse all the songs within the albums under the Artist tab? I don't want to have to scroll down looking for an album if an artist has a vast discography with hundreds of songs. I just want to see the album list, and then after clicking the album, all the songs.
> i'm sure you can pull up and use the filter option, you can give it a shot!

If you have some ideas, just pop it in to the ideas exchange, and I'll give you an upvote for it!
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

The idea exchange had tons of ideas, so you can see how some of the implementation are similar to what you're trying to describe!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts