Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Today's update and BMW Connected Drive

Solved!

Today's update and BMW Connected Drive

Anyone else find that this integration no longer works after today's IOS update?

Only reason I ask as I was using Spotify this morning fine, downloaded the update in the afternoon, and when I drove home the the integration failed to appear as it when it was first introduced late last year.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got in touch with their Twitter Support. If you do a soft reset on the phone (hold on/off and home button together and release when Apple logo appears) seems to have sorted it for me.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reports.

This is a known issue and will be fixed as soon as possible! Keep an eye on this thread for future updates:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/BMW-integration-with-3-0-0-iOS-app/idi-p/1123705

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Stopped working after the update. The 2.3.0 update must have introduced a bug

exactly the same - the others apps from BMW Connected Drive (e.g Audible, TunesDB) are working perfectly since the 8.1.3 iOS release.

BMW Connected Drive and Spotify crash now.

PS: Fallback is I can still stream audio via USB - but that's no longer the integration as I lose all Search / Playlist functions integrated into the BMW navigation system.

I hope a fix wil be provided soon,

Marked as solution

I got in touch with their Twitter Support. If you do a soft reset on the phone (hold on/off and home button together and release when Apple logo appears) seems to have sorted it for me.

thanks - will try it tomorrow morning (it's 11pm here) and report back

@Dougie69 wrote:

Hello everyone! @Coolblue256 @ffarges !

Can you check if that solution works for you too? I've already reported this issue, but please check if doing that solves the problem.

Hi @Rodrigo,

It works partially.... If I "reboot" the iPhone then it works seamlessly.

If not then it is not stable : roughly 33% of the time it works then 67% i have one of the following issue below

- today it dropped the music and restart it again for a couple of time

- it didn't find spotify...

- it find spotify - starts to play - but no sound (and the volume was on 😉

The others apps from BMW Connected Drive (e.g Audible) are working perfectly.

Thanks for the details. I'm passing it on to the team 😉

Hey everyone!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're currently investigating this as we speak, and working towards a resolution.

We'll be sure to keep you up to date as we progress.

Is this resolved by now?

I can play Spotify via my BMW's speaker if I turn on the app, press play and have the iPhone connected to the car.

But I do not get the Spotify/BMW logo splash screen not am I able to control Spotify from the BMW's controler or see a Spotify menu option in Multimedia of the headunit. Therefoe, no selection of playlists, songs etc.

Hello! This issue is being investigated at the moment.
There isn't a timeframe for an update right now, but this will probably be fixed on the next update of the app.

@Pete - is there an update on this as I'm still having the problem with it. It's frustrating to say the least and my OCD is going mental not having the track info and album art showing.

Me too! What have Spotify done?

Since I did the update yesterday via iOS I can't get Spotify to work in my BMW. Why? I used to be able to see everything and control it thru my connectedDrive. It comes up with a long error message on my phone. "error in startCompletionBlock". A soft reset of my iPhone does not solve the issue

HELP!

Same here! certificate expired or incorrect. They neglected to test the latest update probably.

Same Problem in a german BMW. They have to fix it soon.

Success ?

Same problem here (The Netherlands)

I'm glad in a way that it's not just me who is having this problem. Have deleted/uploaded, soft re-reseted on my phone and still getting the Error in startwithcompletionblock message. Spotify tracks play in my BMW but no functionality, track, album artwork etc.
Does anyone know any fixes yet? The problem only started in the last day and I did the latest upgrade a while ago.

image.jpg

got the exact same issue and error. seems to do with the latest spotify update.

Suggested posts