Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Today's update and BMW Connected Drive

Solved!

Today's update and BMW Connected Drive

Anyone else find that this integration no longer works after today's IOS update?

Only reason I ask as I was using Spotify this morning fine, downloaded the update in the afternoon, and when I drove home the the integration failed to appear as it when it was first introduced late last year.
36 Replies

I had the same issue today. Spotify app was updated today now Connecteddrive integration no longer works with controls via BMW head unit. BMW and spotify need to talk to each other. Audible and TuneIn work fine. Spotify just gets long error message on screen like person above.

I'm getting the same error.  I sent  the details of the error message to the Spotify support e-mail.  I guess I'm glad to hear it's not just me.  Hopefully this wil be resolved soon as it's driving me nuts!

Getting same error in a 2012 6 Series.  Just started happening today (4-29) ... I see the app was updated yesterday.  Amazing that Spotify broke this.  Has anyone received an official response from Spotify regarding this problem?

Spotify Error.jpg

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reports.

This is a known issue and will be fixed as soon as possible! Keep an eye on this thread for future updates:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/BMW-integration-with-3-0-0-iOS-app/idi-p/1123705

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Same here after yesterday update 😞
How to revert to previous version ?

I had my 2.9 version still in iTunes
So I uninstalled from the phone , synced again iPhone with iTunes and I got back to version. 2.9 .
So it's working again .

Any update on this issue? I have a 2015 BMW 535I and spotify worked great..up until now. 

This is an inaceptable bug... Probsbly i'll change to another app.,.

I've exactly the same issue, most frustrating when the system used to work so well.! We need a fix on this quickly, in addition can't the phone be locked instead of left on the app, I find it distracting driving at night and end up turning the phone over to hide the screen.

IMG_3687.PNG

Same issue here since the last update; exact same error message that was posted above.  Please fix; I love this feature of Spotify and purchased premium as it's now my primary music source.

Brian

Updated my iPhone and Viola!!  No Spotify for me....I reloaded spotifly, I reloaded BMW connected app.  I updated the firmware on my cradle (who knew).  I now get the app to show up on the BMW app under the tab "More apps"  I select it and it starts Spotify.  Then the magic happens and I get that same error message that is 4 miles long and it resets my BMW app.  This is bad, very bad

Didn't work on mine. I rebooted everything. It appears to be a licensing issue between Apple and Spotify. Now non of the apps are available, it appears that BMW is doing something. I live in my car and Spotify is just about all I listen too. This needs some attention. This is a code alert RED...

Well, it's so strange. Only thing why I purchased BMW Apps is Spotify... What's not working? Spotify.

It's way to cool!

Also waiting for the new release for fixing this issue. Driving a 5 doors MINI and didn't know that BMW users were also impacted. Hang in there, guys!

I bought premium Spotify and immediately was hit with the error message. They refunded my apple account but let me continue the premium service till the end of that month. A few days before they cut me off it started working again. So does that mean this issue is resolved or if I purchase premium again will I get the same error message?

Issue is now resolved.

No its not :/. 2013 328i. Iphone6 w spotify. Still get issues, error message, my media screen in my car randomly reboots or it works but doesnt connect to the Bmw apps. It's dissapointing that it still happens.... Is this a spotify or BMW issue. Do I meed to update the software in my car?

Suggested posts