Top 1% of listener notification led to nothing?

Solved!

Top 1% of listener notification led to nothing?

jacobob
Casual Listener

Riding on the bus I received a push notification saying something along the lines of, “You’re one of the top 1% of Led Zeppelin’s fans” and when I tapped it the Spotify app opened up to a network error page. My phone was connected to the internet just fine, I checked immediately after with Safari and I was already streaming a podcast.

Regardless, I double-tapped the home button and cleared spotify before opening the app again. Can’t find anything now about where that notification was trying to take me to, and I just checked my email but couldn’t find anything either. What’s going on here?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Mario

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this.

We've passed the info you shared with us on to the right folks to look into.

Apologies for any inconveniences the notification might've caused and, once more, thank you so much for your prompt cooperation.

Don't hesitate to let us know if this happens again!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

65 Replies

ebahena2
Visitor

So far no report on how to trigger it again. 

jodietai
Visitor

Is there a way to resend the notification I didn’t get to screenshot it 😞 pleaseeee

ruffruffmax
Visitor
I also had this problem and I would have loved to screenshot it. If there's any way I could receive the notification again I would really appreciate it!

Krs10
Visitor

Same thing happened to me this week.didnt get a screenshot either. Is the a solution yet? Very disappointing we can't retrieve them. No email for me either 😞

kkkkaaatherine
Casual Listener

I also received a pop up for being a top fan of Billie Eilish but I accidentally exited out of it! Is there anyway I could get the notification sent again just so I can actually click on the notification? Thanks! 

Cowsrula

I had gotten the notification and like others cleared it away accidentally without getting a screenshot. Is there a way that it can be resent or brought back in any way??

michealle2
Visitor
Happened with me too, with Travis Scott. Just appeared this morning. I took a screenshot, no idea what it means tho lol

chrisdmitch9
Visitor
Hey can I see the screenshot, I didn’t take one and I didn’t get a good look at it

Helpmeb4idie
Visitor

This also happened to me this morning for being top 1% of Ghostemane listeners, I assumed it would link me to a page of some sort. All it ended being was shortcut to the Ghostemane radio. I also didn't get an email in regards to this.

Kaitlinarielle
Casual Listener

Me too, about 10 mins ago 😞 I’m sad, I wanted to read more about it.

cyanfoxfires
Casual Listener

Lol same happened here. Got the “you’re in the top 1% of listeners for [x] artist.” Got excited when I saw it but accidentally closed it so not sure what that was about. Was a nice little surprise, nonetheless.

AldanaMusic
Visitor

This happened to me as well. Clicked on it, went nowhere. Wish I would have Screenshot the notification but I thought it would lead to something 😭 

Johnjustice
Visitor

Screenshot_20200225-105159.png

jacobob
Casual Listener

I had the same thought! I tapped it too fast to really register it might be something to screenshot, and good luck getting that back!

xanny2003
Visitor
I also had this notification and I don't know what it means. When I clicked on the notification it just sent me to a radio station. If some could just kindly tell me what the notification meant that would be great!

Jsmnb
Same here! It led to a radio station, but when trying to read the full notification the message was cut off and didn't show all the way, so I don’t know what it said. I havent received an email yet and all my notifications settings in Spotify are on for both emails and push notification.

Aussiemusicfan
Music Fan

I think better way for Spotify to let you know if you’re in Artists 1% top listeners would be send notifications to you by email. 

Mario

Hey @jacobob,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Would you mind taking another look at all the folders (including Spam) featured in the email address associated with your Spotify account?

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

Jmerr1224
Visitor
This didn’t get solved, Spotify please give an option to prompt the message again or it would be nice to have some sort of badge when you go to an artists page showing you’re in the top 1% listeners.

havefaith2017
Visitor
I got one of these notifications too but it popped up as soon as i tried to click on something else and it disappeared before i got to see which artist it was for! is there any way to get that back and see who it was?

winonaso

Would love to have a way to view the notification again! 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS