Top of Chinese Song Titles Cut Off

Top of Chinese Song Titles Cut Off

Plan: Premium

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 15.1.1)

My Question or Issue

When playing songs with Chinese song names and entering the full screen player, the title in the player cuts off a little of the top of the characters. In the attached screenshots, I've enlarged the font size to show the issue. As you can see, compared the the album view title, the player title cuts off a bit of the top of the characters. 

IMG_0188.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
5 Replies

Hi there @tyli

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens on different phones as well or only on the iPhone you mentioned? 

Additionally, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your phone. 

Lastly, would you mind sending us a screenshot where we can see the title again, but with the regular font size? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This happens on all phones and iPads. I even checked with a friend and it happens on his as well. Two more photos attached below. 

7C32D10D-1270-45AE-9766-91DA8B7C633A.png
8AE5DCB1-28C7-4319-A59E-871DDC88D0C2.png

This affects umlauts and accents as well.

In the image, *Aetherwellen is supposed to be Äetherwellen. This problem is inherently related to this one.

That issue has been fixed, but for lyrics only. The titles of songs still have this issue.

BFFD0D64-FF86-4972-A981-C59A8035D04B.png
1A46EE26-0241-4B6F-BCE2-551A024C239B.png
A8510470-799A-454C-AC90-1228CE5F032F.png

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts.

We've been informed that the right folks at Spotify are working on this. We can't provide an exact timeframe for a fix right now, but we do recommend keeping your app up to date 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Device

Mi 10 Pro (font:MiSans)

Operating System

android 12

My Question or Issue

1. Chinese or Japanese characters at any title of the software (for example, greeting, album name),Chinese and Japanese characters cannot be displayed completely (there is not enough space at the top of the characters)
  2. Characters in the covers of daily mix cannot be displayed,the text in the picture is blank or garbled.
Screenshot_2023-03-24-23-03-46-547-edit_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-24-23-05-07-691-edit_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-24-23-04-10-143-edit_com.spotify.music.jpg

Suggested posts