Touch Preview on iOS removal

Solved!
MattSuda
Rock Star 24

If you would like to see Touch Preview come back, you can add your vote to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Discover-Restore-Touch-Preview-on-iOS-App/idi-p/1900370

Highlighted

Re: Touch Preview on iOS removal

Casual Listener

I've been a premium subscriber for about 4 years now, and whilst I think Spotify is a great service for the price, more and more negative changes have been introduced and features removed for seemingly no reason (such as this). I'm extremely dissapointed in this removal, as it was one of the best ways for me to find new music easily and efficiently. I simply don't see a reason for removal, and I hope this gets enough backlash to be noticed

Highlighted

Why Spotify why? I've been a loyal paying customer with you guys from the beginning and loved recommending Spotify to my family and friends. We all loved the touch preview so to remove that completely is really upsetting. It was everyone's favorite feature and unlike anything else other streaming apps offered. Please please please bring it back, I'm begging you Spotify because without you doing so you'll be losing so many customers. 

Highlighted

Really? Who gives a **bleep** if it had a low engagement rate? You already did the programming and it took more effort to remove it.

This is bull**bleep**. All you do is remove features. Remember the lyrics feature you claimed would be back? I still don't see it.

Highlighted

Regular

Dear Spotify CEO

May I have your any comment about our Frustration. 

Highlighted

Regular

This is a bull**bleep** reason. This is one of the most useful features on Spotify which sets it apart from the competition. Stop removing features which are working perfectly well for fake excuses like this one. First lyrics now this. Even if there really was "poor engagement" unless you have a better feature to replace it with then just **bleep** leave it alone!

Highlighted

Regular

This is absolutely the REAL reason behind the removal. It was the first thing that came to mind when I realised it was missing. music execs really set out to make our listening experience as bad as possible. And they wonder why people torrent.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm severely dissapointed this feature has been removed. I loved being able to sample a song for just a few seconds. I could blow through a whole album in 60 seconds flat and get a feel for the type of album. It was especially useful using it with my weekly Discovery playlist as some weeks the playlist has a ton of great new content I've never heard and others I'm lucky to find one track I may like. I don't understand why this feature can't just be an option in the settings and let the user make the decision if they wish to enable/disable the feature. This reminds of the Friends feed they decided to remove out of the blue a year or so ago, pissed off a bunch of their users and wound up putting that feature back in. If the feature is already created, works fine and someI've been a loyal Spotify premium member for years now, but due to the removal of this feature and the fact that my desktop app constantly hangs now and just gives me the endless spinning wheel it may be about time to give Google Play a try (especially with YouTube Red included - which I was not aware of until this moment). I'm also an Amazon Prime member so I can even save a few bucks on their monthly service, but I'll be honest I've never been impressed with their interface as much as Spotify's. I hate to make the switch, but I feel like over the past year or so Spotify is pushing me to try out their competitors. 

Highlighted

**bleep**! Re: Touch Preview on iOS removal

Casual Listener

This was my FAVORITE feature and you guys killed it off. This might be the final straw for me before i just jump to Apple Music. At least they provide 30 sec previews. I used the touch preview feature for basically discovering everything new. This makes me irate. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Removing "Song Lyrics" was worse.

Highlighted

Roadie

So, here we are at 13 pages of a thread started by Spotify asking for our opinions, and I haven't seen ONE person say that they're happy with the removal of Touch Preview. 

**Shocked Face**

So I have to ask, if you have absolutely NO intention to listen to user feedback, why did you even bother starting this thread?

SUGGESTED POSTS