Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track stops playing after a few seconds

Track stops playing after a few seconds

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Spotify track stops playing after a few seconds into the song and to play the song again, i have to open the app and click play or it doesn’t play. This keeps happening every time, i tried to delete and reinstall which works for like a few hours and keeps stopping again. Can someone please tell me or help me. 

11 Replies

Hey there @hideonbushy

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If the regular reinstall fixed this issue only temporarily it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the device where you experience this. We suggest this step since it's more thorough than a regular reinstall in terms of removing old corrupted data. 

In case you see no difference after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings if you use a mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

If you experience this on a desktop, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I'm having the same issue, I did the clean reinstall and tired with my settings and my Spotify is still doing intermittently. Any other things I can try??

Hey there @echepal,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know which device this occurs on so we can help you further?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Clean install didnt help

Hey there @Hawks3615,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Did you try any of the other troubleshooting suggestions like clearing Spotify from the host file entries on your PC. More info on how to do that - here.

If that doesn't help, give us a bit more details about what exactly is happening and on what device.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem for me. iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.4.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you let us know if you've already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

It'd be helpful if you let us know which steps you've already tried so we don't repeat anything.

Remember that you can find the steps to run a clean reinstall in this article.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Hi

I have the same issue with IPhone XS. Did the reinstall and it did not help. Now if there are no other options, it’s going to be time to switch to Apple Music.

cheers,

Hi @Jojoloui,

Thank you for your reply and for trying out the troubleshooting. Let's continue to take a closer look into this!

This could be a device-related issue. In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. It's also important to make sure that there are no other apps running in the background.

On another note, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists?

It can also be good to try with a different internet connection.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

I had this happen I’ve the past week - iPhone XS. Tried everything on this and other threads and nothing worked. This morning I tried clearing cache and deleting all downloaded songs. That seems to have sorted the issue. Hope this helps

Hey @Tenton,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine after clearing the cache. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts