Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks Not Starting Right at Beginning of Song

Tracks Not Starting Right at Beginning of Song

Hello,

I just started using a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones with my iPhone 5s. I am using this with my Spotify app (I have the paid Premium Spotify subscription). Since then I cannot get past this on-going annoying issue. Namely that it seems that the beginning of every song is up-cut by around half a second to a second or so.

Do you happen to know if here is a way to fix this issue? I have other headphones/earphones (which are not Bluetooth, but corded) which do not present this issue.

PS ... When I say that each song is being 'up-cut', what I mean is that it doesn't start the song before it begins (which would be ideal), but instead the song begins a brief moment already in progress. So in essence the first second or so of the music is missing.

​Thank you for any help.​

3 Replies

Some Bluetooth devices have a lag, and depending on the brand, this could be the problem. Obviously, you wouldn't expect a pair of Bose or Beats to do this, but a cheaper brand might. Beyond that, I would check and see if for some reason the gapless playback or cross fade settings in settings > playback change depending on the headphones used. Hope this helps you! Let me know!

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

That seems like a good answer. However after doing my own research on this, I now know for a fact that the headphones are the culprit (I have deducted this by process of elimination). To further clarify, it is actually the Bluetooth functionality of the headphones, because they do not replicate this issue when connected by way of a cord to the same device, running the very same version of Spotify.

I have requested a refund for the headphones. The request was honored. At a more opportune time I will look for something better as far as Bluetooth headphones go.

Thanks!

Hello @Nighthawk423.

Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. If that helped, please mark as a solution.

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Suggested posts