Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks won't stream

Tracks won't stream

New to spotify, sorry if this is simple but I can't find a solution. 

iPhone 4, premium subscription, new install of spotify app, on my home wifi. Find an album, click on track, appears to play but no sound. Progress bar on song looks funny and doesn't progress. When I shut down the app and restart it I get this message "track only available online. This track is not synced and not available offline. Connect to a network and try again." what am I missing? Do I need to add tracks to playlists in order to play them? Can't I just stream? Thanks. 

2 Replies

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Welcome to the community! 

You should be able to stream songs directly without adding them to a playlist.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Double check that your account has an active premium subsciption by signing in on the spotify website and going to your account pages.

2. Restart your device see if that helps. 

3. Try toggling between online mode and offline mode on your device, sometimes it seems to get stuck in offline mode and toggling it from online > offline > online can force it to wake up!

4. Try lowering the streaming quality and turning off any extra features like gapless playback or crossfade. 

Fingers crossed it will start working!

Peter 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

At least for now, your suggestions worked! Thanks! Playlists are used for local playback, and making mixes right?

Suggested posts