Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tries to play undownloaded songs while offline

Tries to play undownloaded songs while offline

Hi, I have Spotify set not to use Cellular Data. In my library are a few dozen albums I have downloaded and a few dozen I have not. I used to be able to go to Songs and click "Shuffle Play" and the would randomly play songs from my Downloaded music and ignore ones in my library I have not downloaded. However since I updated a couple of weeks ago, it also tries to play the undownloaded songs and just freezes when it gets to one. Annoying. Because I'm driving and need it to just play continuously. I don't want to have to switch to the app and keep hitting next track until it plays again while I'm driving. Any clues? Anyone else?
1 Reply

Hey @pourover,

I know this can be frustrating. The same thing happens to me when I'm flying and can't access the internet. The easiest solution would be to download the albums you don't have downloaded if your phone has space. If it doesn't have room try and switching the music quality to a lower one in the app settings. Alternatively, you could make a playlist with the albums you want by clicking the °°° in the top right corner, when viewing the album, and click "add to playlist," new playlist, name it, then repeat for the other albums. Then you can add the specific songs you want to that playlist from the albums you don't have downloaded and download the playlist. Hope this help!

Suggested posts