Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Try linking facebook but nothing happens

Try linking facebook but nothing happens

Hi there. I recently started using Spotify again as it launched where I live. Recovered my password, signed in (Spotify app on iOS) setup premium and all good so far.

I searched for posts with similar issues but didn’t find my exact problem.

Problem is when I try to link my account to Facebook.

1. click on “Connect to Facebook...”

2. Pop up message comes saying Spotify wants to use Facebook I click “Continue”

3. Facebook logs in and says Spotify wants to connect I click continue.

4. Spotify opens up again and nothing. It stills gives me the “Connect to Facebook...” option and doesn’t shiw that I linked the account to Facebook.

i opened Facebook and it shows Spotify under my “logged in with Facebook” list of apps. 

Heres what have I tried with no result

1. Logging out of Spotify and logging back in

2. Restarting the Spotify app

3. Unlinking Facebook and delinking using the above steps.

4. Logging into Spotify with Facebook directly (gives me error message 408)

5. All the above in all possible combinations and orders.

please help, thanks. 

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Have you tried logging out of Facebook from Safari? Maybe try to clear the cache and the history of Safari to see if that helps. I'd also recommend making sure you're on the latest version of Spotify and iOS 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks @Loxer for your help. I tried everything you mentioned but no luck.

I did sort it out though finally! So that’s the good news. I updated my primary email address for Facebook on my MacBook to match my Spotify acccount, I downloaded the app on my MacBook and linked Facebook through there, worked immediately without any problems.

i Don’t know if the email was the issue or my phone, but I suspect it’s the phone linkage on my phone due to a combo of my phone version and software version 

- iphone 7

- iOS 12.0.1 (12.1 updates just got pushed now)

- Spotify 8.4.79.933

- Facebook app latest version not sure how to get the version number 

thabks again for your help 

Suggested posts