Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn Off Auto Saving Songs?

Turn Off Auto Saving Songs?

Hi All,

Whenever I heart or like a song from the radio it automatically saves it song to my library. I can't stand this. How can I turn this feature off? I love that it adds it to the "Liked From Radio" play list but I dont like that it gums up my albums tab. 

Thanks in advance. 

5 Replies

Replying so that this may get more traction, but I second this. I recently updated the app a few days ago from a previous version from December 2018. You used to be able to make one click (on the thumbs up button) and it would simply add it to the playlist while also registering as a like so that Spotify can play recommend similar stuff. Now it mucks up your library and takes up valuable space there. I'd be fine with just adding it to the playlist without Liking, which is what I may just start doing, but that takes an extra, unnecessary 3 clicks and a scroll for something that can and should just be right on the screen. Liking it and going to remove it from the library is just too time consuming, and liking it and then unliking it removes it from the library, but adds it to the playlist twice.

was there a fix ? if not try reinstalling the app

No fix. The issue is also cross platform. I just didnt know where to post and figured this would have the most eyes on it. It happens on desktop too. 

There's no fix. It's just something stupid that Spotify is doing on purpose as the platform has been undergoing a big transformation in look and a little bit in mechanics as of late. I sent them a tweet on Twitter and they say it "should bring a better listening experience to everyone." But that's a weak excuse, because it dumbs down the entire UI and mechanics for everybody without putting the user in control of how they want to actually manage their music, which doesn't really make for a better "listening experience" at all. At least give us a way to change settings like this to the way we want them, it's not hard at all.

I feel like it was a toggle switch at one point but no longer is. I hate it. 

Suggested posts