Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn off recommended songs?

Solved!

Turn off recommended songs?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone

Operating System

(iOS 

My Question or Issue

I am new to Spotify premium, I have spent days researching how to stop recommended songs from playing while I listen to my created playlists and can’t make it stop. It will play 1 song from my list and then just start playing random songs that are nothing like my playlist. I have gone to settings and turned off the auto play option, I have deleted a playlist after that and remade it to try again and it’s still the same. Is this just how Spotify works? Are users required to listen to recommended songs on their playlists? I’d really like to know because, if that’s how Spotify works, I’d like to cancel my account. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK after 30 mins chatting with a Spotify rep, it’s now resolved. Idk if they worked some voodoo but at the end I had to delete the app and download it again, log out and log back in. My theory is that when I upgraded to Premium the settings remained the same as a free account and in order to get it to change this feature I needed to kick start it by doing all that stuff. Conclusion: If you sign up for premium and Spotify continues to recommend songs in your playlists then sign out, delete the app, download it again and sign in. 

View solution in original post

38 Replies

I have the same problem and it bugs the **bleep** out of me, how dare they put songs into my playlist. 

One of my playlists is learning another language and instead of staying on that, I get random F...... songs play!!!!

The work around I've found is to press the repeat all button, then it only plays the songs in my playlist.

Hope that helps

That doesn’t work for me, it still adds songs. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if I’m just cursed. I go to my playlist, tap shuffle play then tap the repeat all option...doesn’t fix it.

I've checked different playlists and it works for me, maybe try logging out of your account and having another go?

Thank you but that doesn’t work either.

I feel for you, it's really a terrible service!

Marked as solution

OK after 30 mins chatting with a Spotify rep, it’s now resolved. Idk if they worked some voodoo but at the end I had to delete the app and download it again, log out and log back in. My theory is that when I upgraded to Premium the settings remained the same as a free account and in order to get it to change this feature I needed to kick start it by doing all that stuff. Conclusion: If you sign up for premium and Spotify continues to recommend songs in your playlists then sign out, delete the app, download it again and sign in. 

Thanks for letting me know. One question:- Once you did reload the app, what was their recommendation for turning off the recommended songs feature? Was there an actual formula or switch to do this or did they just tell you to press the repeat play button?

Cheers

I didn’t touch any more buttons. Just redownloaded the app, logged in, tapped a playlist and tapped shuffle play.

That worked for me. Thank you!  Was driving me crazy. For those where it’s not working I find you can jump over (FF) the unwanted songs in the beginning and then it won’t include them going forward. 

At the top of the playlist, just under the playlist title, there is a button that says 'Enhance'. Turn this off, by pressing it, to stop recommended songs.

Screenshot_20211124-185029_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-185012_Spotify.jpg

I have a premium subscription, disabled the suggestions in settings, but it still plays the unwanted suggestions. Super annoying

Hi @Zz39,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We'd like to take a closer look into this. Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try from a different device to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks, you've saved someone's life. I was ready to kill someone. 

I've already heard of deleting the app and re-signing in but it didn't work still. Idk that if the problem is that i don't have premium and can't remove recommended songs or something else is not working. But it's really annoying because if i hide a song that is recommended while trying to listen to my playlist it counts that as i skipped the song and i can only skip 6 songs. And it's really annoying too that i need to pay for premium to skip more songs i don't like or im not in the mood. 

Hey there @Heavenless08,

Thanks for the post.

If your account is on free, any playlist with less than 15 songs will get automatically populated with recommended songs by Spotify. There is no way to switch this feature off.

What you can do is manually add more than 15 songs to each of your playlists 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks but it is a family subscription account with about 50 tracks. De-selecting 'Enhance' fixed the problem.
Cheers
Bill

Get Outlook for Android<>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 6:00:57 PM
To:**bleep**
Subject: Re: Turn off recommended songs?

What about on your Release Radar? im on a paid sub and getting random songs added to my playlist

I got rid of the recommended songs by turning off 'Enhance'

This has just started happening to me and it's terrible! I'm about to  ancel my subscription. The recommended are not even similar to what I listen to.

Suggested posts