Turn off spotify connect?

Highlighted

Re: Turn off spotify connect?

Roadie

I dont want my phone to be used like an remote controle ? What fool came to this idea.

Highlighted

What's the point of this feature if youre not supposed to put an account on more than one device. I'm not sharing an account, I have the account signed in on my tablet, and my phone and have this problem constantly.

Casual Listener
Hey, this only works if you have spotify premium. I listen to my downloaded music on my phone but, I shut off my wifi, and deny spotify access to my data. If spotify is offline connect will not work. So my girlfriend can use it on my iPad in the living room while I listen to it offline at work.
Highlighted

Regular

Here's why your solution is a bandaid... I've got a premium account HOWEVER I dont want my device filled up with offline music. I want to be online and listen to whatever music I decide and not have to download 10 gigs of music on my device.

Spotify is a STREAMING service (offline mode is an xtra privilege for premium accounts) If we have to download music in order to stop the wacko connect from taking over, than STREAMING becomes secondary (bit of an oxymoron...)

Highlighted

Regular

I agree with about the one account per household (husband and wife).  The problems with this connect still exist even if only one of us is using it. I was in a business meeting in another state (one of us in Ohio, the other in Florida) with my iPhone, my husband was at home with our iPad listening to music because of this stupid connect feature every song he listened to kept popping up on my iPhone AND I could control his selections.

So it wasnt us trying to both listen to music, I was in a business meeting - only 1 person was using the account. What he's listening to shouldnt pop up on my iPhone, and that I clicked next on his favorite song (funny now but not at the time) shouldnt happen.

Highlighted

Roadie

Better is that we ALL cancel our premium accounts and use the free version.

Then we have NO CONNECT . and spotify NO MONEY .......

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I can't believe it's been almost a year of these comments and this is still not an option.

Why wouldn't you make it an option in the first place? Certainly you'd think ahead & know there's a lot of us out there who don't always want to use this!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
agreed, but I only buy 64 gig devices, so it's great for me
Highlighted

Music Fan

One option to bypass Connect is to use a third-party application.  I use an app called SpotEQ and I don't have to deal with this Connect nonsense.  Only works if you're a Premium member, though.

Highlighted

Well I'm certainly not breaching the terms and conditions. I'm sat at at home ay my PC and listening as normal. My phone is next to me and currently running out of battery/data fast because it is connecting at the same time. While I'm sat here. Do I have to switch my phone off everytime I'm sat at my PC so I can stop it running out of battery/using data? I'm with everyone else here, I just want to be able to switch the feature off. Whilst I appreciate the idea of my mobile being the remote control if I were to be having a bunch of pals round or whatever, my flat is not exactly so massive that I can't reach for the device I have the app running on at the time.

Nice idea in theory, but some choice in the matter would be good.

I have quickly learnt to HATE this feature too. If it had a disable option I could just turn it off. It's driving me nuts.

SUGGESTED POSTS